redundancy questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some answers for my brother. He has been employed for 14 years in a live in job and he has now been told he is being made redundant

because his job has gone. He was then advised that his job will now be split into three different positions and he can apply for them. He believes that he will not get any of them and therefore he will have to leave his job and loose his home. Can you please advice if it is legal to make a person redundant and re advertise the job albeit split in to three jobs and with a different job title. He is very stressed by all this and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

It absolutely is legal I'm afraid.

Redundancy occurs when the job ROLE has changed.

If the job is split in three then this is undoubtedly the case.

However, your brother will be marked as at risk of redundancy, and should (I believe) be offered one of the earmarked roles so long as he meets the criteria and passes interview for it. i.e. he should not be going up against other persons other than other "at risk" people.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for prompt response. Are you saying that these positions should only be advertised internally. My brother believes that he will not get any of the positions due to certain issues with his manager who he feels does not like him on a personal level.

Once again

Thank you for your invaluable advice.