style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As Victor Meldrew would say "I DONT BEEELIEVE IT "

i HAVE JUST SPENT AN HOUR-00ps caps, if not more, updating post with info and its vanished !!! damn n flippin blast ...to put it lightly lol

My fingers are blumin sore, my kneck aches, Think im in need of some sympathy please, only joking (Now thats a rare moment)

I shall attempt to post again later TTFN

Extra info on post;

Last letter received from MCC dated 2.12.09

First letter received from Marsdons 4.1.10, informed me of;

Penalty charge £110-00 (£35 doubled to £70, 50% added plus fee £5 =£110)

Letter fee £11-20

Bailiffs Fee £0-00

Vat £1-68

Total £122-88

9.2.10 Hand received at aprox 6-55am

Notice of siezure of Goods and Inventory

Amount owing £110-00

Penalty Charge / Court fee £45-14

Bailiffs attendance costs £120-00

Vat @ 17.5% £28-89

Total due £304-03

Although this letter was dated the 9th, On top of the page it read, hand writen

" vehicle clamped 6-53 8/2/10 " ?

As far as I am aware the first visit was on the 9th, any previous visit/s I have not been made aware of ?

A copy of the 'Warrent of Excecution' which was dated 22.12.09 was attatched. (I dont recall receving this on 22 12 09 ?)

Whilst waiting for a reply, If Marsdens turn up again;

1. can they remove my car without me knowing, in which case I wouldnt be able to stress my case ie being vunerable etc

2. can they remove it or clamp whilst parked on a private drive.

3.What is my best step to take , to pay and try to reclaim back?

Thanks to all posters..

Whilst waiting for a reply, If Marsdens turn up again;

1. can they remove my car without me knowing, in which case I wouldnt be able to stress my case ie being vunerable etc

2. can they remove it or clamp whilst parked on a private drive.

3.What is my best step to take , to pay and try to reclaim back?

Thanks to all posters..

As on X-Factor that's 3 yes's. If they have no lever on you you can look at things in your own time and collect what you need if there are any errors on their side - you have 6 years to do this.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cut a long story short, fine doubled to £70 which was more difficult to pay

parking ticket for £70

£304 is not far off

for letter fee 3 visit fees levy fee and walking possession fee

IF the letter was sent and IF there were 3 visits and IF levy walking possession took pace after 3rd visit and not on 3rd visit

I have just looked at original email I sent the MCC to refresh my memory. When I originally appealed I received a mail from them telling me not to do anything until heard from them..I began looking at advice and putting together my letter of appeal..

I didnt end up hearing from them until letter telling me

fine had increased which set the ball rolling...

I am presently trying to sieve through all the advice to put into a email for Marsdens, Knowing me ill probably be still here,this time next week, only minus a car...

my mum had a big do for her 60th on saturday which hindered me getting any further on, now kids off.,..just when you dont need the distraction !

Hi jolajo, good to hear from you.

Apart from whatever else you need to write to the bailiffs about, I would suggest informing them of your vulnerable status and need for your car. You will need to provide supporting evidence from your GP and / or support worker. I would be making this a priority, personally, as the car is under threat. That way, in the unlikely event it gets clamped or taken they cannot deny knowing of your needs.

Best wishes

Rae.

Mr B Henry served a 'Notice of Siezure of Goods & Inventory' 9/2/10 on vehcle reg .......

I wish to inform you of my vulnerable status and need for the car in question which is under threat.

I suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) where basically although only 41 years of age, my lungs are that of a 86yrs old..

I have to take medication twice daily to keep the bronchioles in my lungs inflated and enable me to breathe.

I can provide supporting evidence from my GP as a spiromatory test was carried out there and also my support worker who I see due to depession and anxiety.

I am living on my nerves thinking at any moment the car is going to be taken away.

Would it be possable the offence be 'given back' to the council?

I am submitting a complaint to them as when I originally applied to appeal they told me 'not to do anything', the next letter thensaid, as I hadnt sent information in my appeal had been refused.

I offered to pay the fine in instalements now increased to £70 which I was refused, I believe they could of acted upon discresion which I wish to investigate..

I await your reply

Regards

I sent an email to Marsden telling them I was sending a letter explaining my vunerable status and position, basically pull the reins in on taking my car...

Am I saying too much or too little in this draft letter to the Bailiffs? I dont no if phraised it correctly, not very confident in my letter writing to formal people!!!

Any idea what to now expect in their reply, if any and who should I try and put an end to this with,the council or bailiff.

Problem I have now is as advised earlier, to pay the bill to date and reclaim through the court, it was bad enough at £70 never mind £300+..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

You're not having a fun time!

But may I welcome you into the COPD club? :)

If you haven't already done so, arrange with your GP practice to have a spirometry test. This will accurately assess your lung capacity and categorise the level of problem. If you have had one done [i would expect this to be the case] then your GP will happily let you have a copy of the results. The figure you're looking for is the FEV1. For example, mine is 49. Which shows my lungs are only working at 49% efficiency. The printout will also give an interpretation. Mine states: Severe airways obstruction. You may also ask for a copy of the Medical Research Council dyspnoea scale. This is a simple 1-5 scale of breathlessness. Mine is scale 4.

Those two documents are all you should need - and a little explanation of what they mean! Many people still don't understand that COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - is the modern term for what was two seperate diseases: Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema. By its nature it is a debillitating progressive disease with no cure. Its symptoms can only be managed.

Depending on where you are with it, gaining a blue badge is not out of the question. All councils have a discretionary method of issue. The documents mentioned should be of assistance.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Thanks Kelcou, Yes I had a spirometary test back in Sept but I sent the print out to the DLA and didnt make a copy of the details, silly me.. I have been in the Dr's who have not logged the info on my file. So for proof im going to have to do another.

The last reult I remember very clearly is that my lung age was that of a 86yr olds when I am 41,. What I cant understand is why my mums age ar only 14yrs older than she is and mine 45yrs when she has smoked for 20 years longer than I DID, and at times twice as many cigarettes..??

sorry to go off subject..x

Hi jolajo,

Don't worry about 'off topic' - it's your thread and it's relevant ;)

Odd your Dr didn't log the result, very remiss. My printout is scanned onto my records and always available. From the sounds of it, I would suggest we are at very similar levels.

I don't envy you doing the spiro test again. I equate it to medieval torture! If you're prone to coughing fits whilst attempting it, ask for a glass of water. The coughing is usually started off because your throat has become too dry. It took me three days of different attempts before I figured that out.

Smoking is a little bit of a red herring. Obviously it will irritate and inflame the lungs so quitting is recommended as is avoiding smokey places. COPD in its earlier titles - chronic bronchitis / emphysema - were first identified in the early 1700s. The cause then was mainly dust and pollution. To put it in context, whilst many dismiss it as a 'smokers disease' it is also one attributed to coal miners.

It is a condition that will effect some and not others.

I will have a look at your draft letter but won't be back on 'til later. So if someone beats me to it, no worries.

Best wishes.

Rae.

I note one thing that doesn't appear to have been mentioned in this, if it has I apologise and will take new glasses back to shop.

Have you or can you appeal this ticket, not quite sure how this is done or what grounds you need but hopefully someone else may be able to explain.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I have tidied your letter up a bit. Please note: I am a writer not a lawyer. If someone can just check and adjust the letter if necessary. To be honest, my knowledge of adverbs and their application in cold weather climates is somewhat more detailed than my knowledge of parking ticket procedures!

Here you go: [with a little plagiarism of TT]

Dear Sir

Reference number:

I am writing with regard to the above account relating to a Notice of Seizure for xxvehiclexx

It would appear, from advice that I have received, my circumstances are classed as 'vulnerable' according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents. The reason for this is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). As you may be aware, this is a progressive degenerative lung disease. There is no known cure and treatment consists of symptom management. Currently, my lung efficiency is reduced to approximately 50%. I am sure that you will appreciate, therefore, that I am completely reliant on my car for even the most basic of journeys.

I will be contacting my GP in order to obtain evidence of my medical condition for you. Likewise the Support Worker assigned to assist with my depression and anxiety. This evidence will be forwarded under separate cover at the earliest opportunity.

In the meantime, please visit the following site for further information:

What is COPD? - DWP

As the current situation is having an aggravated and detrimental affect on my health, I am requesting that it is returned to the initiating Local Authority. Doing so would allow me to address the issue rationally, without fear, whilst putting in place an affordable and sustainable payment plan.

I would be grateful if you would please confirm safe receipt of this letter.

A copy of this letter has also been sent to XXX Council for their information.

Yours faithfully.

Any use?

[NB: If you wish to include the website and the link doesn't come through when you copy 'n' paste, simply click it here and copy the location from the top of the screen]

Best wishes

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
I'm fussy.

Brilliant, Thank You Rae :smile:

Sounds good to me and seen as nobody has commented otherwise I shall get onto it as soon as im back from my psycologist appointment.

I thought strange too when I asked the receptionist for a copy of my results?

I shall be bringing this up at my next appointment....

Sure wont be looking forward to another test if need be after what happened last time !!

:lol: can laugh now?

cheers jo

• 2 weeks later...

Good news...i think?

I sent the reports from my psycologist and Dr's and

Marsden's have returned the fine back to MCC.

Presuming now Ill hear from MCC instructing from here on ?? What should I expect next?

Thanks a lot guys for your support and advice couldn't of done this without you.:)

You will have to wait and see what the Council say, they may write the ticket off or revert to original fine. If Marstons say it has been returned then you should hear shortly what the Council say.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]