Debt Recovery Tricks with HSBC

wakd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In July 2008 I involved a debt elimination company to help me deal with my debt. They wrote to HSBC requesting documents and contracts and gave HSBC 40 days to respond. HSBC never did. In Novmeber I recieved a small claims court form from C.L Finance and Howard Cohan Solicitors who said they were acting on behalf of HSBC. My company put a defence on my behalf stating that HSBC and its associates had broken the consumer agreement act as they did not produce any documents with regards to the outstanding credit. I then recieved a letter from their solicitors and the court that the case had been thrown out and was no longer persuing the debt.

Today I recieved a letter from HSBC saying that they have no record of my new address. If this is the case how come they sent me a letter today and gave my new address details to a C.L Finance, Howard Cohan Solicitors and the Courts? And they also state that previous correspondance had been returned to them. How? My old property has been empty since march 2009 and it is now Feb 2010.

Surley they must have my new address deatils for them to send me a letter today.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Wakd

Do you still have the original paperwork to prove that the case was thrown out previously?

They maybe just checking the address you are at now to see if it is you who lives there. If it was me i would not reply to the letter and see what happens next.

Who informed you that the case had been thrown out, was it the company you used or the court?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Wakd

Do you still have the original paperwork to prove that the case was thrown out previously?

They maybe just checking the address you are at now to see if it is you who lives there. If it was me i would not reply to the letter and see what happens next.

Who informed you that the case had been thrown out, was it the company you used or the court?

Hi have the paper work saying that unless HSBC sends an allocation questionaire then the case will be struck off. This letter that HSBC have asked me to sign to say that I live at my new address does not make sense. They say they dont have my address details yet they have my new address printed on this letter. Is this letter an allocation questionaire?

I doubt very muich this is an allocation questionairre so long after the original claim was issued/struck off.

If you stil have the original claim form, then phone the court and see if they can confirm the case was struck off.. although I would have thought you would have received something from the court to say this.

Do not sign anything that will be returned to HSBC

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

by Citizen B : If you stil have the original claim form, then phone the court and see if they can confirm the case was struck off.. although I would have thought you would have received something from the court to say this.

Hi CB , I think wakd already said : (#1)

I then recieved a letter from their solicitors and the court that the case had been thrown out and was no longer persuing the debt.

But I think they're fishing ........ :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi JM .. I should have gone to specsavers :lol:

Wakd, have you heard anything more from HSBC ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

I have a problem as well with HSBC I have an account statement with a ZERO balance showing on the statement. This was for a loan and it states account closed APRIL 05, they have sold this debt onto Atkiv Kapital who are claiming I owe them money. Legally if you have a statement with a zero balance and aco**** closed do you owe them anything is there anything they can do???? Any help will be gratefully appreciated. I have kept asking the debt company to stop pursuing they keep telling me they are referring to HSBC but in another letter they sent me they tell me not to deal with HSBC I think they are clutching at straws.

Hi, I too have had numerous problems with HSBC, they originally set Mackenzie Hall onto me who then sent Meritforce who then sent Tessera. I have never had a NOA from anyone so who exactly does own this loan. I have checked my paperwork and have been offered a 50% reduction to settle which on £12000 is quite an amount. Is this because they do not have the correct paperwork. What should i do now to be honest i just keep ignoring all letters its been nearly 5 years since i made a payment and 3 years since the default went on my credit account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi iancartz and uneverdid ,welcome to the forum.:)

Could I ask you to open your own threads on these please .... to save advice meant for you getting mixed up with others on here ..... Just use the 'New Thread' button at the top left of the HSBC site page.....and copy and paste your \query into it .....

We'll keep an eye out for your threads, someone will answer and we're user-friendly on here ..... :D

Thanks in advance for your co-operation ....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D