• Tweets

• Very good, BN.   I did read earlier that one of the Scottish scientists said measures in Scotland are starting to work but that there's a way to go.
    • lets cut to the chase, HB,  Christmas is Cancelled,  it already is by the Wee Nippy in Scotland it seems, where she is talking of a Zoom Christmas. so record a parody Christmas song.  Zoom Christmas a parody of Bing Crosby White Christmas I might just do that today Fire up the DAW plug in the mic
    • @honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths.    I see what you mean, UB, but is it possible that dithering since September means that lockdown will be longer and cost the economy more than if there had been a two or three week circuit breaker a few weeks ago?   I'm interested to know why it's going to be on Wednesday, so quite a wait from it being known, albeit through two newspapers and not an announcement yet. France had a day or two's notice of their second lockdown.  
    • I'm trying to understand the whole story.   However it would help if you would identify the companies you have been dealing with
    • @honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths.    The big problem with this virus is that many people have very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, but can still pass on the virus to others.    And with winter bugs having some similar symptoms to CV-19, there are probably thousands in workplaces with CV-19 who just don't know they are risking others lifes.   If Government are going to lockdown the country for a period, it has to be really strict and that includes schools and Colleges.  They should have done this in a planned way around the half-term period.   
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Sainsburys CC-Robinson Way and now Westcot!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3431 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Received a demand from Robinson Way & Co with reference to my Sainsburys credit card.

This card is part of a CCCS Debt Management Plan, I owe (with charges) around £2300 on the card and £8000 in total.

I had a telephone call from the DCA (Robinson Way) asking me to pay the full debt at once, I explained that it was part of a management plan and was told that "they'll look into it and contact me" This was the first I knew that the debt had been passed to them.

About 6 weeks later I then received a final demand from them (the DCA) and now Sainsburys won't talk to me, referring me to the DCA instead.

I then sent a letter to the DCA, asking for copy of my credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 enclosing a PO for £1.

This PO was returned along with a compliment slip explaining " We have requested the info you require and have sent a separate letter explaining our process."

What does this mean and what to do next?

I am annoyed at my treatment, I have tried to service all my debts as best I can and feel that Sainsburys have not even tried to make any allowance for my situation.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Send the fools this....

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

PRINT NAME DO NOT SIGN

(Also - refuse to answer security questions if they ring)

• 1 month later...

Tried Mr.TONs letter and Robinson Way replied "account on hold and a copy agreement requested", this was on 05/10 about a week after I sent Mr.TONs letter.

Along with this reply, was a statement of insolvency for a group of companies called London Scottish (bank, computer, finance, etc.).

Are London Scottish anything to do with Bank of Scotland who operate the Sainsbury’s bank? Or is Robinson Way part of this group?

Still haven't received a copy of my credit agreement, just a letter saying the account is on hold and that Robinson are still waiting for Sainsbury’s to pass the agreement to them!

It's now 6 weeks since my first request for a copy of my agreement and all I've had is a further "still waiting" letter a week ago

Meanwhile I'm still paying the amount agreed under my Debt Management Plan to Sainsbury’s, should I stop this payment because my account is now "on hold"!

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

There is simply no proof of this debt, so i dont know why you are still paying.

They've had their 12+2 days & their time is up = no excuses.

They are now in default.

Report them to the OFT & trading standards.

Are London Scottish anything to do with Bank of Scotland who operate the Sainsbury’s bank? Or is Robinson Way part of this group?

Deals/Restructuring  /  Robinson Way sale fetched £73m THEBUSINESSDESK.COM

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

send then this

Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your letter dated (date) in which you confirm that you are unable to comply with my formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I note that the Credit Services Association, in the first paragraph of its Code, state that members must act lawfully at all times. Furthermore, under the CPUTR 2008 failing to comply with a code of conduct to which you have subscribed is unfair trading.

In the circumstances, I will not enter into further correspondence with you, and any further unlawful demands or contact will be viewed as harassment and reported to the appropriate enforcement agency.

Finally, as you have failed to comply with my request, I require you to return the £1.00 fee without delay.

Edited by lilly white

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

Thanks and very interesting.

So my debt may have been sold twice, once to Robinson as part of London Scottish and then to the people who brought Robinson?

Will send the letter, have already received my £1 postal order back, it was in the first “we are waiting for the agreement copy” letter!

And will stop paying.

Thanks once again

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who advised, Robinson still haven't given up though!

A copy of my credit agreement arrived today (06/11) along with a letter asking me make a "proposal for settlement" of my account.

This is about a month and a half after my original request, interestingly, it's not signed or dated by Sainsbury’s bank!

Is it a valid agreement and what to do next? Tell Robinson "no CA in time, no agreement"?

Thanks

Can you post it up after removing identifying details?

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Upload them to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting & copy & paste the URLs back here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Robinson Way seem to have gone away, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221487-newbie-needs-advice-dca.html for the thread.

Have now got Westcot onto me!

Had the standard notice of debt collection from Westcot, so set them a CCA request, they've just replied " We are not the creditor for this account but instructed on behalf of the above client (Sainsburys)" and they have returned my £1.00, stating that it needs to be payable to Sainsburys and have placed my account on hold for 14 days.

What next?

Do I take their word that they have Sainsburys authority to collect this debt, or should I contact Robinson Way, in case Westcot is stealing their business?:rolleyes:

Should I resend the CCA with the correct payee (Sainsburys)? or a go away letter?

Thanks for your help and I must say that after all the times people like Westcot and Robinson Way have scared friends and family, it's fun biting back a little!:D

yes 12+2 days from when you sent the CCA

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

no 12+2 days from when you sent that is why they have the extra 2 days postage

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

• 2 months later...

Need some advice about this please, about 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Westcot offering " the opportunity to make a reduced settlement"!

I've ignored this letter, think it may be an attempt to get me admit that I owe them money.

However a few days ago a copy of my CCA tuned up, it's exactly the same one that Robinson & Way sent. (see here) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221487-newbie-needs-advice-dca.html

Is this a valid stand up in court CCA?

What should I do? Try for a reduced settlement? I believe that the CCA isn't valid, that's why Robinson passed it over to Westcot.

Advice and moral support please!

any offer of a reduced settlement in my opinion is the last act of desperation on a dept they know they are unlikely to be able to enforce and may soon be statute barred

thats just the way my DCAs have acted as the SB deadline looms

That's my gut feeling too, Robinson & Way unloaded the debt onto Westcot after I asked for a DCA and Westcot have just sent me the same info (even later!), that didn't work for Robinson & Way!

Still a bit scary though!