Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3942 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

All,

Looking for some knowledgeable recommendation on which TV format is best LCD, Plasma or LED? I don't have a high definition box yet however will be getting one in a couple of months times, have Blue ray player and will be connecting my PS3. I'm looking ideally for 37 to 40 inch set.

Thanks in advance for any help

I upgraded my TV last year and went for an LG 32" LCD and am more than happy but i agree there is a minefield to choose from. As well as screen quality i also considered other built in options like Freeview, HDMI and Audio points. Heres a helpful link to a comparison review between LCD and Plasma. Good Luck in choosing.

Difference between Plasma and LCD TVs - Editorial

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

You can sometimes get dead pixals show up as Bright spots when they fail. Not often nowadays.

At work we tested plasma v LCD and came to the conclusion that plasma

(a gas) give smoother more life like images especially on films.

I work at a Uni in AV so I have seen it all in my time - From 1/2" portable ? reel to reel b/w recorders through to High def sd camcoders how times have changed.:)

We recently got a 37" Sanyo for £350 and the picture clarity and quality of colours is far better than any Samsung or other top makes that we had in the past. Best thing we ever bought IMO. It has every possible connection ie HDMI, VGA USB ect ect.

I will always buy Sanyo when it comes to TV's from now. Experts now think that LCD are now on par with Plasma and they have a longer lifespan.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Morrisons are doing a 37" Full HD LCD TV at the moment for £327.00.

It is made by a company called Techwood (whom I must admit, I've

never heard of). It has pretty good reviews and comes with a 2 year

manufacturers warranty. You won't get much cheaper than that for

them sort of specs. I can't post a link as it is not allowed, but I found

out about them on Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert site.

I have plenty of experience with LED BALLOONS.

My jokes always go down like them.:p

Including this one:D

On a more serious notes. I believe that LED's are the Betamax's of the Telly world. Which in my book is a bad thing.

The best way to find the best LCD TV that fits your budget is to read the expert reviews of some brands. Doing the extra time researching will reap its dividends in the end and you will be rewarded with the thought that you have made the best decision with your selection. Hope this helps.

I've got a Samsung 40" LCD which is about 3 years old now, the picture is fantastic when connected to a V+ box with a HDMI cable.

Reference the LED TV, correct me if I'm wrong but i think you are referring to a LED Backlit LCD TV right? Most LCD TV's come with a CCFL backlight whereas some of the newer ones come with a LED backlight. LED BL will obviosuly give lower power consumption, potentially a more uniform light fill and thinner panel.

Unless off course you are referring to OLED which are relatively new and quite expensive?