style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help, i was issued a stat demand by Freeth Cartwright Solicitors on behalf of Bibby financial, this was a factoring agrrement between my self and another director of our old business, we ceased tradind on the 21st november 2008. We entered into what is called a personal guarantee for the agreement. The sum involved is £14133, I have now entered into an agreement for £234 per month. I was told by CAB that i am wholly and severably responsible for this debt, and i am the only person being chased for the amount owed. The other director agreed to pay a sum which is unknown. I am struggling to pay this, and feel unfairly treated as he is in a far better position financially than i am. Please can anyone advise on what to do, and if there is anyway the other director can be pursued for this

Please help, i was issued a stat demand by Freeth Cartwright Solicitors on behalf of Bibby financial, this was a factoring agrrement between my self and another director of our old business, we ceased tradind on the 21st november 2008. We entered into what is called a personal guarantee for the agreement. The sum involved is £14133, I have now entered into an agreement for £234 per month. I was told by CAB that i am wholly and severably responsible for this debt, and i am the only person being chased for the amount owed. The other director agreed to pay a sum which is unknown. I am struggling to pay this, and feel unfairly treated as he is in a far better position financially than i am. Please can anyone advise on what to do, and if there is anyway the other director can be pursued for this

You are both responsible for the debt between the two of you, the whole amount, not half, or any other fractional split.

If the other director has paid an amount against this debt, would it be possible for you to contact that director and find out how much they have paid as this would potentially reduce the amount that you are liable to pay.

If you stop paying then the other partner would be liable for the entire amount and if he doesn't pay then you are liable

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves