Welcome Fin. Loan rewritten, wrong car on agreement

gonnabreaksoon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a car on finance with Welcome Financial Services. Last year I fell into arrears when the fuel pump went (the car is a lemon unfortunately!). When we first signed the contract at Carcraft in Bristol the salesman stated that after 2 years with good payment history we could opt out. I attempted this last year after I got the fuel pump replaced but was told by Welcome that I would have to pay a termination charge etc etc - and it was around £1800. So! I had to have the loan rewritten. A guy came to my house and gave me a new credit agreement, needless to say heavily weighted in Welcomes favour. Later on when he had gone I noticed that the agreement is for a different car altogether and some of the boxes are filled with obviously dummy entries. So it's not a valid contract.

My question is, bearing in mind now the head gasket has gone (it's a freelander and not much point fixing it) and there's £7000 left on it, I want out. Can I wriggle out of this any way?

Let me know if you want scans.

Cheers

Post up the agreement minus car and you details but leave figures in :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi gonna break when you have uploaded them use the code (without thumbnails ) :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

these contain personal info remove and blank out car details ;) i know it isnt your car but you may still be identifiable ;)

hi

i am not an expert but touching on something post keeps advising is if this is an agreement to rewrite an original agreement, albeit at inflated terms should this not be an agreement to modify?

also your interest on £6676 at a flate rate of7% over 60 months should be £2336.6

your charge for finance includes interest on your acceptance fee of 195 and as i have previously stated i am no expert but i have read this a no no and others more informed than me will tell you if im wrong.

6676 +195 + 6871 charged at 7% over 5 years + 2404.85 not2405 as stated in your agreement

wrong car = no agreement

essexboy

• 1 year later...

Hey folks, sorry to bump my old thread but I need to get some clarity on this as I really don't know where to go from here!

Since my last post I fell ill, pretty bad, long time in hospital. Now I'm recovered I still have this car, Sorned, outside my house (new address, Welcome don't know it). I did an HPI check on the reg and it states still in contract, money owed etc. What can I do? I can't scrap it or sell it and if I fix it and use it, what action will Welcome take when they discover it's being used and find my whereabouts? Or will they? Arrgh!!

Thanks essexboy for your post, much appreciated. You say wrong car, no agreement - do you have any ideas where I might go from here?

Hoping some of you lovely people can advise a stressed out fool! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Sit down dbabylon - i agree with you on this concerning the re-write off trade premises - good spot.

On the s.49 issue may be depnedant on what their CCL covers them for - but will pull up a copy of thier licence and see.

gonnabreak - what stage are you at with Welcome on this agreement?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Again sorry for the delay, so many things are going on. Welcome have traced me to my new address and their agents sent a letter saying their client sees no reason why I shouldn't pay ( I have in the past mentioned to Welcome that the agreement is void). I've left it at that. I don't know what to do apart from tow the thing to their offices and leave it there with a note on it!