Selling a ring?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So my ex-fiance and I seperated about a year ago, following a somewhat unexpected demise of a four year relationship. I kept the engagement ring, but have decided that, coinciding with the beginning of a new year/new apartment AND new boyfriend, it is time to break free from the keepsakes of the relationship and move on. Does anybody have any ideas on how to sell gold jewellery online? I saw this place online, but I'm not sure if I will get much of a return on the ring? (Edit) I am ready to be rid of this reminder of unhappy times! Thanks for your help! icon_surprised.gif

http://www.postalgold.info/

Edited by georgie21
Commercial Link Removed against site rules

Hi georgie21 and welcome to cag:)

My advice is to take it to somewhere local to you. These postal companies tend not to pay out as much as a local shop. Some jewelry shops will buy second hand.:)

Good luck with the new start

Im very sceptical on the online shops like that. Post people know you are sending mobiles/gold etc by the envelopes you send them in. I sent one mobile to Boots so they could help third world contries and the envelope 'got lost' in the post.

GO to a local shop or sell it via eBay or local seller site. You will get more for your money

Hi, I used to buy old rings, broken jewellery etc. The best price I gave was £5 per gram on 9ct gold. Most online buyers give no more than £3.

Local jewellers are always the best bet, they'll give up to £6 a gram for scrap, more if the ring can be re-sold to a customer, so try a jeweller with a 'pre-owned' display. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the useful tips! I think you're right, these online places that buy gold do seem rather shifty. And the thought of sending something valuable in the mail, makes me feel rather uncomfortable! I think I will head to the jewellers for this one...:)

Edited by georgie21