Penison Money Gone, Yes Car Credit & Go debt

Earth123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My name is , I took out a car with Yes Car Credit in 2004, I made a few payments to the car and I also paid a deposit of £280. I gave the car back in May 2005.

This where the problem comes in, They have been phoning me demanding me to pay £8995 and at the time I never had any money, They said to me pay £1000 and thats it, I said to them O.K no problem I am getting my pension money and i'll pay you.

A few days pass and they call again saying you are paying £5750 because you are getting a pension of £10,000, they blocked my payment from the pension company and they also sent sheriff's to my work.

I had no choice to say no to them, they took 57.5% of my pension.

I really really want the money back because I was planning a holiday because i have almost died with a blood clot but now I can't go because of Go-Debt, I worked really hard all my life just to lose my pension money in the matter of 2 minutes.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Edited by JimmyShort12

have a look at the yes car credit agreement and let me know if you paid for any additional insurances, ppi etc.. they are normally found in yes agreements on the top right hand corner... reason for this is. if you have paid any deposits and they have used that to offset the insurance then that makes the whole agreement invalid and a defence in court.. would it be possible to scan/photo all of the documents you have, upload them to photobucket, edit them by removing all identifying details of yourself and posting them on here... i know that sounds a bit daunting but there are plenty of people on here who will help you every step of the way

Thank you for your help, I have all the agreements right beside me. I never went to court over this debt, never stood in front of a judge but what i believe was sheriff officers came to my work with a statutory demand for payment of debt which wasn't even stamped and they said i had three weeks to denied it but i never had chance as they took the money straight away. They also sent a email to my financial advisor, which i still have a copy.

i took this from the other thread it was the other message you posted

I am sorry that i can't get the agreements uploaded because i don't have a scanner at home, But i have looked at the agreement and i took out GAP INSURANCE (Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance) and i still have the certificate.

Thank you again.

no rush...we will take this one day at a time.. can you tell me did they use your deposit against the GAP insurance...if it doesnt make sense dont worry just try to upload the agreement tomorrow, i will be online in evening and will have a look at it then.

can you also check with the court that there was actually a judgement given in favour of whoever took your money..by the way who was it exactly..was it a debt collection company or was it yes car?

yes hallowitch is quite correct ask them if it is your real name to remove all references to it and also ask them to change your login name which appears to be the same so you cannot be identified, they do read these forums and the less they know the better

it was go debt who took my money and the person who was working on their behalf was Sheana Campbell, Solicitor, HBJ Gateley Wareing (scotland) LLP. I don't even think they went to court to get a judgement, but when the sheriff officer came to my work they gave me a statutory demand for payment of debt which Sheana Campbell has signed on my behalf.

right in that case no ccj appears to be issued just a statutory demand, unfortunately that can no longer be an issue..you should have asked for it to be set aside at the time..but i understand it must have been frightening and worrying for you.. in that case i think we are going to have to go after them in the courts, in order to try and get back at least some of your money

just one more question this evening, on the day that you bought the vehicle from yes did the salesperson tell you that the insurance you took out was optional, or did they say that you could not get the credit unless you took out the GAP insurance?

as we are getting a lot of guests looking on here can you send me the agreement by pm, instead of here, i dont want to give them any ammunition if they are anything to do with godebt or yes

remove all your identifiying details first though