Doorstep question

shinobi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent Credit Solutions the standard doorstep letter. I got this back.

Please note, Power 2 Contact are our sister company who assist in our field visits, Credit Solutions Ltd offers a door step collection service whereby field agents visit a property to discuss repayment of an outstanding amount. This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts.

In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of Office of Fair Tradings' guidelines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit.

The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from the individual.

Is there any truth in the last paragraph, and how would you respond to it?

There is nothing to fear from doorstep collectors

Tell them through the letterbox or chained door to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave

Got a postcard today from power2contact. They have ignored my complaint letter and say they're coming Wednesday. They will be getting another letter of complaint. I'm thinking in terms of harassment, as the original letter was clearly intended to intimidate, the usual "SOMEONE WILL VISIT YOUR HOME TO COLLECT THE DEBT" kind of stuff. And now they've ignored my complaint letter saying they're coming anyway.

This is in spite of my anti-doorstep letter saying:

There are no circumstances under which I would do any of the following with a doorstep caller:

· Confirm identity

· Discuss any aspect of any financial matter

· Offer or make payment in any form

Followed by the standard CAG anti-doorstep letter.

Me thinks they are trying to annoy me! They're doing a pretty good job.

Any views on a harassment complaint sent to the FOS?

Edited by shinobi101
remove formatting tags