style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3444 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

left over veg? cover with grated cheese and stick in oven for 20 mins, yummy

Alwyas soup for me !!! :D

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Im lucky enough that if we have any leftover veg at all that the dog eats it, especially carrots and cauliflower!:D

Just curious, is left-over veg good for a dog?

Very good I would think.

Depends what you are left with.

Root vegetables into soup as MrShed says.

Left over tomato salad can be drained of the dressing and put into spag bol or any other tomato sauce. Peppers can go that way too.

Also, macaroni cheese can have onions, peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, and tomatoes on top.

Roasted vegetables with just grated cheese or a cheese sauce and grated cheese on top.

Brussels sprouts - puree and mix with white sauce seasoned with nutmeg, put breadcrumbs on top, sprinkle with cheese and cayenne pepper, and bake until the crumbs have gone crispy.

Kelcou - I steam all my veg and dont use salt, and she seems to scoff them down! She is Diabetic as well, and loves to chomp on a raw carrot, and the vet says thats OK, as its preferable to a treat!!

DD i will use all ur ideas except the sprouts one. YUCK for sporuts.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

:D

For anyone who isn't sproutaphobic, the important thing is not to overcook them in the first place, and apart from the puree you can also fry them up with any nuts (flaked almonds or walnuts if you've got any to use up) or finely sliced leeks, and then toss the lot in a little balsamic vinegar, or soy, or whatever.

Also, the cheapest, quickest thing ever is coleslaw - much cheaper to make your own than buy a tub and much nicer too.

the coleslaw one i agree with but with only me that eats it and not very offen it is easier for me to buy it when i want it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I know what you mean. I usually make mine when my mum is coming up (once a week) and split it because she absolutely loves it.

I mean my mum comes over once a week - not that I make coleslaw every week - that would be overkill, and we'd all be sick of it.

Left over fruit, or cheap supermarket chuck-out fruit. Bung in the freezer until you have enough to make jam or if you are worried about jam setting make fruit chutney. Much cheaper than bought. Google, say, "peach chutney" and a recipe will come up.

yeah for me it just easier to buy it when i want it.