LDK Security

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

This is my first post on here but have received lots of advice which i am following regarding the private parking notice i got from LDK in October.

I took my daughter for a hospital appointment at Durham Hospital and parked in the LDK car park because it is cheaper than the proper hospital one. The machine wasn't working so i put a note in the car window stating this but when we returned to the car there was a parking ticket on it which had just been issued about five minutes before.

The charge was £90 but £60 if paid within 14 days. I stayed around the car park for a while and saw some people having trouble with the machine and other people getting tickets ok. When i went to ask them how they were getting their tickets ok they said you had to press the little blue button before putting your money in. Nowhere on the instructions on the machine did it say this so i took photos of these and went away fuming and adament that no way was i paying this charge.

I came home and found this site and was shocked to read all the stories and took everyone's advice and just ignored it. I thought it had all been forgotten about but about three weeks ago i got my first letter from Roxburghe debt collectors followed a week later by another one and then on Friday the first letter from Graham White solicitors. I'm sure i'm right in thinking that there will be one more letter and then it will just go away.

One thing that puzzles me and my husband is on the solicitors letter at the top it states amount owed £140 and then further down it lists additional charges of £207.25. Is this on top of the £140 ??

I am so pleased i read up on here what to do and because of this i have been able to hold my nerve and just hope that i am nearly at the end because you can't help having a little bit of doubt about it all.

Thanks to all on here - just can't believe that these people can get away with all of this as they obviously rely on frightening people with these letters.

Doesn`t matter what figure they put on it, could be 10p or a million quid,

you just ignore it as its worthless,

AND STOP WORRYING!!!!! laugh at them instead, it`s much more fun that way!

It is no different to me sending you a "fine" cos I dont like the colour of your car! I could even say I am a debt collector or a solicitor and use big words and RED INK!!!

and tell all you friends about this site!

What initiqally made me really angry now makes me smile and grin a lot when I get another letter!

• 1 year later...

Hi there i also got a ticket at the same car park in durham when i was taking my 5 yr old son to the hospital and ended up running late.

It was about 3 months ago and out of princaple and the extorsionate size of the fine i ignored it at the time i was only 5 mins over my parking

I also thought it had gone away but yesterday i got a letter from them with the usual notices "FORMAL DEMAND" and "DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE" on the top the wife is going mad telling me to just pay it so i was wondering if you heard anything else from them after your last post and what the final outcome was

No they cannot send any bailiffs. People often confuse Debt collectrors with bailiffs. A debt collector is just a muppet who writes and asks for money. they have NO POWERS at all. A bailiff is instructred by a court only following a succesful win in court for the claimant and subsequent refusal to pay against the instructions of a judge.

These clowns will send a few more letters before they give up. They WILL NOT take you court because you owe them nothing at all. Stop worrying, ignore all their trash and come back here if you get worried with the next letter which will probably have reall scary RED INK in it. Ooooh I am shaking now. :)

My wife too was MAD and said pay. But I was even shown a template from all the letter from NCP and solicitor letters and debt collection that I would get in advance and they had scary words and red ink on too.

Just as predicted it stopped! Saved me a bomb! So chuffed that I sent 10% of the so called fine to this website!:-)

Hi there i also got a ticket at the same car park in durham when i was taking my 5 yr old son to the hospital and ended up running late.

It was about 3 months ago and out of principle and the extortionate size of the fine i ignored it at the time i was only 5 mins over my parking

I also thought it had gone away but yesterday i got a letter from them with the usual notices "FORMAL DEMAND" and "DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE" on the top the wife is going mad telling me to just pay it so i was wondering if you heard anything else from them after your last post and what the final outcome was

So you haven't got the debt-collector letters yet then? Your wife will love those:

Roxburghe letter

Graham White effort number one

Graham White effort number two

Graham White effort number three

Try hard don't they? If your wife pays this then she really would be stark raving mad (sorry!) - it would be like paying a phishing emailer. The letters are bothersome but completely ignorable as they are just hot air. You owe nothing at all, do not fall for this for one minute.

Has your wife seen the Watchdog clip in full?

Just be totally ready for debt-collector letters like those shown. It may not be Roxburghe/Graham White but the wording will be similar, lots of threats interspersed with 'ifs, buts and maybes'. All of them make good paper aeroplanes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just been taking my daughter 14 month to an appointment following her menangitus attack. Unfortunatley i was 6 minutes late returning to my vehicle due to hospital giving her a prescription. I shouted at some bloke in a t-shirt who was putting writing the car up and checking his watch. He issued the ticket anyway with us being 8 minutes late.

I really dont know what to do, i am a single dad and cannot afford to pay the £60 fine, but also cannot afford a £90 or any other amount if i am persued. Should I appeal the fine in the hope of delaying things and then save the money up so I can pay them at a later date. It was issued at southfield way car park durham hospital. Im kicking myself because i thought we would be in and out as they normally just chekc her over, but today wanted to issue medication and weigh her, so i just paid for the hour I had the money for 2 hours but didnt think i would need it.

Mtagt56

thanks for the prompt reply. They took photos of the car the ticket on the car and the fine. I am not sure if they caught photo of me as I got into the car. Would they need to prove if I was driving. Do they actually contact the DVLA ?

• 6 months later...

Just thought i would update this post saying that after the RED threatening letters and demands which i ignored thanks to the very helpful people on this forum i have not recieved anything else from LDK SECURITY or anyone else regarding the ticket i got in may last year at durham and the threat of a court summons never materialised.

Thanks for all the advice

I wonder if the person who started this thread, "hedonto", also saved his cash, by ignoring them?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have recieved a parking ticket from LDK in the Southfield Way car park when I was visiting my Dad in hospital on 19th January this year, I had bought a ticket but unfortunately it was a very wet windy evening and when I closed my car door I can only assume the ticket flipped over with a gust of wind from the door.

I appealed against the ticket and they have acknowledged that I did have a ticket but say it was my responsibility to make sure it is displayed correctly even after exiting the car! They have said they have photographic evidence (which I have viewed on their website) 18 photos of my car from every angle and the ticket machine!

Can anyone please advice me if the previous advice on this forum is still valid as the last reply posted was some time ago?

Many thanks x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks