Izzy Vs HSBC

izzy26uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

And Thank You to everyone responsible for this site! It's a God's send!

I have a total of £1,143 to claim from HSBC, ranging back to 2002.

I thought i would write down my battle against HSBC on here, as a record if nothing else...

I sent my prelim. letter (including scheduel of charges) on 3/8/06, and have heard absolutely nothing, but reading through some posts on here, i realise that isn't unsual!

Today (21/8/06) i am sending my LBA to the same name/address... which i got from a post on here:

Mr David Lewis

Head Of Customer Relations

Level 36

Canada Square

London

E14 5HQ

I suppose i just want confirmation that i've done all the right things so far?

I'm very nervous at taking this action, and need some support i think!

Good luck to everyone having their own battles!

Izzy xx

Hi Izzy

As long as you have followed the process then don't worry about it. I am a little ahead of you and have not heard a dicky bird from them, I will actually win by default tomorrow as long as nothing arrives today. It is a little worrying at times but that is only because its a new thing and your not sure what to expect which is why this site is so helpful. Just stick to your timetable and everything will work out I am sure.

If you need any help/advice just post your questions/concerns - there are enough people on here who can help.

Hope that relieves your concerns a little.

Regards

Magic

"The world wants to be fooled ... so fool it" - Pavel

Hi Izzy,

Magic has hit the nail on the head - you are following a tried and tested process to get back money that a company who should have been looking after your money, took from you unlawfully. In other words - it's your money and you are entitled to it back.

It is a terrifying process - I know that I had to read about lots of success stories before I could write that first letter. I was convinced that because we have had problems with our finances, we would not be entitled to it. I was also worried - like many of the people on this site - because we have an overdraft that was turned into one of HSBCs famous Managed Loans. I was terrified they would demand we repay it straight away and that would simply make things worse.

But by reading lots of posts on the site, and getting great advice and support on my own post, I have moved forward and we have a new bank account, with a new bank and it feels amazing to be claiming back what they owe us - you will see from my signature, that it is a considerable amount.

Whenever it feels a bit overwhelming, just remember you can post here and there will be someone who knows what your'e going through. You will succeed and you will feel BRILLIANT! lol

Dinahjl :grin:

HSBC - 2 Accounts - owe us £5.8K

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

11 Aug 2nd offer made on same account - £500 higher! REJECTED AGAIN

18 AugMoneyclaim submitted for £3848 on main account. ACKNOWLEDGED 23 Aug.

30 Aug Moneclaim prepared for 2nd acc £2389.56

9 Sept RECEIVED OFFER IN FULL SETTLEMENT OF £6134.30:-D :-D :-D

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

Just to update...

Today i received a letter from HSBC with an offer of £1025.00 (i claimed for £1143.00) and i am considering taking it.

Would anyone else stick it out for the full amount? Or am i just being greedy!

Thanks for the two people who posted replies - it's great knowing we're all in this together.

Good luck,

Iz xx

£1143 Claimed From HSBC

3rd August - Prelim Letter Sent

21st August - LBA Sent

25th August - Offer Received For £1025.00

it is completely up to you hun it is a good offer but as they say would they have let you off that amount if you owed them ??

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)