• Tweets

• Correcting a prior post. Oliver at least got fed every day didn't he. Tories will see the kids go without food for a week or two wont they.      
    • It was because the last day fell on a weekend so they had until the end of yesterday to reply. No reply and I have Requested Judgement this morning, I have requested full payment by the 3rd November. I think a week to for the to resolve is reasonable. I don't hold much hope of them even responding to that so feel it will need to be taken further.   What is my next step if I don't receive the full refund by 3rd November?
    • I did see that but I haven't seen any announcement.
    • Dodo is just a scapegoat - and well rewarded at that.   So here we are about 8 weeks and approaching 2 months from: (during which failing to even collect 250 spit samples a day  @£500M)   BBC Breakfast - Matt Hancock on coronavirus testing (03Sept20).mp4
    • Good morning,   Thanks for the reply.  This gym involves Legacy Leisure, the gym I use is Rutland Sports Park, though my account is linked to Friesland Sports Centre as that’s where I initially signed up (they have 5 different sites all working as one in this area).  It was a council owned and run gym before they brought in this third party to do it for them (and reduced the quality, but that’s a story for another day).   As suggested I have cancelled the direct debit.  I received another email last night telling me that they would freeze my account for a further 6 months for an ‘admin fee’ of £5 per month.  I will be telling them that’s not good enough.   Apparently I owe them £25 for an admin error on their behalf from about a year or so ago (they mentioned this at the time but said they would look in to it, and never mentioned it again).  I’m happy to pay what I owe outside of this £26 28-days notice fee.   So: what should I do next?   Thanks again,   Sam
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3883 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi people's

Basically I need some help and advice I worked for a printing company back in 2007 - I was 17 at the time young and desperate for a job and the money. To cut a long story short I felt like I was forced to leave because me and my boss lets say we didn't get on and because he had a bad experience with women he would take all his anger and frustration out on me. I worked up until the 1st May 2007 when I handed in my notice and said that I wasn't coming back (and at the time I had a new job and they were eager for me to start asap). The thing that's come to light is they didnt pay me from the time I had worked up until 1st May and holidays that I didn't take. Can I just ask am I allowed to reclaim back wages from a company that I haven't worked for nearly two years?. The P45 that they sent me had my official leaving date as the 8th May :S but I am so confused can anbody help me out.

Thanks in advance :)

Lady TG x

There is a three month time limit for making a claim. The time limit begins to run from the date when the deduction was made or the payment was lawfully due (this period may, in certain cases, be extended by a further three months to let employee and employer try to deal with the case themselves).

Since you mention that your case relates to employment in 2007, I am sorry to say that your time limit to bring the case before a court has expired.

Edited by Bigredbus

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

3 month limit at Employment Tribunal.

You could still make an application in the small claims court though - 6 year limit there.

Given the significant period of time that's passed, there could be practical problems even then.

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry for the late reply elpulpo I have managed to reclaim the money back from my ex employer. ACAS (which is like a union for employment issues) really helped me out and I explained my situation and I told them that they didn't pay anyway last week I got a call to say that they are willing to settle my case and offer me my money. I should get a cheque within the next 14 days ;).