Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3918 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi people's


Basically I need some help and advice I worked for a printing company back in 2007 - I was 17 at the time young and desperate for a job and the money. To cut a long story short I felt like I was forced to leave because me and my boss lets say we didn't get on and because he had a bad experience with women he would take all his anger and frustration out on me. I worked up until the 1st May 2007 when I handed in my notice and said that I wasn't coming back (and at the time I had a new job and they were eager for me to start asap). The thing that's come to light is they didnt pay me from the time I had worked up until 1st May and holidays that I didn't take. Can I just ask am I allowed to reclaim back wages from a company that I haven't worked for nearly two years?. The P45 that they sent me had my official leaving date as the 8th May :S but I am so confused can anbody help me out.


Thanks in advance :)


Lady TG x

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a three month time limit for making a claim. The time limit begins to run from the date when the deduction was made or the payment was lawfully due (this period may, in certain cases, be extended by a further three months to let employee and employer try to deal with the case themselves).


Since you mention that your case relates to employment in 2007, I am sorry to say that your time limit to bring the case before a court has expired.

Edited by Bigredbus

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---


***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***


- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 month limit at Employment Tribunal.

You could still make an application in the small claims court though - 6 year limit there.

Given the significant period of time that's passed, there could be practical problems even then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi sorry for the late reply elpulpo I have managed to reclaim the money back from my ex employer. ACAS (which is like a union for employment issues) really helped me out and I explained my situation and I told them that they didn't pay anyway last week I got a call to say that they are willing to settle my case and offer me my money. I should get a cheque within the next 14 days ;).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...