Jump to content


Argos Debt - Hillesden Securities Ltd


LIAM1234
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Hillesden Securities Ltd have replied to my CC request aknowledgin the receipt of payment of £1 in connection woth CCA Request. They have stated the following:

 

"We are still awaiting a copy of the requested documentation from our client (Argos) When this becomes available it will be forwarded to you. If we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

 

I will update you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand."

 

Please can anyone advise on the following:

 

 

  • What do they mean they will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if they cant forward a copy of the orignal agreement? Is this enforceable in Court?
  • 21 days is after the 12+2 days for the CCA Request so what do I do if it passes this date?
  • Im in a position to offer a F&F settlement - should I wait for the outcome of the CCA or should I offer now?

Any advice would be of great help!

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at 'when not to use s77-79 for cca requests'.

Otherwise the same goes as in your other thread.

jed

 

Jed thanks for the reply! What do you mean when not to use s77-79 for cca requests? Is that them in the wrong for stating s77-79 in response to my CCA Request or me for stating s77-79 in my CCA Request itself? Where do I find this info on 'when not to use s77-79 for cca requests' sorry am new to this please be patient! Thanks for all of your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are allowed to send a reconstructed copy of the original agreement to fulfil a CCA request BUT they still must send original T&Cs and statements. If they don't send those they have not fulfilled your request and you can put the account in dispute. Reconstructed copies are a good indication they don't have the original agreement or they would send that. If you want a copy of the original agreement you have to request it through the CPR rules. Chances are they will send you an application form, if anything, and that is not an enforceable agreement. All you can do for now is sit tight and wait to see what they come up with next then take it from there. Hillsden are as slippery as eels so don't take their word for anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are allowed to send a reconstructed copy of the original agreement to fulfil a CCA request BUT they still must send original T&Cs and statements. If they don't send those they have not fulfilled your request and you can put the account in dispute. Reconstructed copies are a good indication they don't have the original agreement or they would send that. If you want a copy of the original agreement you have to request it through the CPR rules. Chances are they will send you an application form, if anything, and that is not an enforceable agreement. All you can do for now is sit tight and wait to see what they come up with next then take it from there. Hillsden are as slippery as eels so don't take their word for anything.

 

Pinky Thanks for all of the advice!

 

Its getting very close to the 12+2 days for satisfying my CCA request (eventhough they stated that this could take up to 21 days to satisfy this request). Should I now send a reminder or when the time passes a letter stating that 'this debt is now in dispute'? In reagards to the CPR rules - how do i properly request a CCA? What happens if they then do not supply the original copy? I thought that the CCA request would suffice for this? Please explain and I apologise for my lack of knowledge on this and ask for your or anyones help!

 

Thanks so much for your advice and please can you tell me how I can donate to this site as its been a great help so far and continues to be so?!

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait until the 12+2 has passed then send them the Account in Dispute letter. Wait to see what they come up with and see if it is enforceable. You need to ask a court to grant a CPR request and there is a fee so it is best to avoid it of possible. That's for a last resort if they take court action.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...