Business debt collection

Outadebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I used to rn my own ltd business which ceased trading (has also left me personally in massive personal debt) and has now been 'dissolved'. Trouble is the business did owe money though without any PG's so in effect the debt as I understand any debts dies with the company. However, I am being hassled at home by a DCA who has today put a somewhat threatening card through my door telling me this is my problem and will not go away and that I have to call him. No real details of the DCA on the card only a mobile and the message.

Just looking for thoughts and advice on how best to proceed?

A card with no company details is a breach of the OFT guidelines and a copy of the card should be sent to the OFT for their information. They are phishing - ignore them. If they have a legitimate debt to chase they would do so openly. Whatever you do, don't call them - under any circumstances.

Thanks. Can anybody confirm my understanding of business debt dieing when the company is dissolved?

Other odd thing is I can't find a trace of this DCA on the net or at companies house which makes me wonder if they are even legit?

My next thought is do I have a case for harassment against the company pursueing me personally for a now dead business debt? They have alsready tried through the courts last year without success to company goods from my home address despite the fact it had ceased trading and had never traded from my home?

was there a personal guarantee PG on theses debts?iv read the thread but are you sure

no pg no debts

the companies must go to the liquidator assingned

did you do the liquidating yourself or was it forced upon you

There were no PG's and the company is dissolved but this was not forced just the natural process as the company ceased trading due to financial situation. The debt was for stock supplied on 30 day acct which we were trying to tackle but it all proved to much and we could not recover.

did you wind up

where you closed down

did you liquidate through an assigned company - if so these overdue accounts/stock become owned by that company

the debt collector should be directed to them

speak to your accountant - he was involved in the matter surely

one more question

ltd or self emplyed

Ltd company.

I do not profess to be an expert in company law but we ceased trading and due to assets and status, no liquidator would have been interested and we could not afford one anyway so we were dissolved by companies’ house. I spoke to business debt line who explained the process and likened it to a paupers burial which is not the ideal way of closing a business but in our case was the best and only viable option.

We had no stock and no assets to speak off, just debt.

ok being in the exact same situation myself i refer you to your accountant who would have been involved at some stage

i agree with the liquidation line (something i did)

ok so as far as it looks it would seem that the debt dies with the company thats why its called ltd

solicitor may be of help here to clarify

i was ltd also