Volvo Black Horse VT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if any one can help, I have a Car Finance agreement which has a deferred final payment with an annual mileage allowance. As I understand it I have the express right to Voluntary Terminate the agreement once I have paid 50%. I will probably need to do this as the mileage covered will be in excess of that stated in the agreement. My questions is can the finance company come after me for the additional mileage if I have Voluntary Terminated the agreement? I seem to remember the dealer telling me that as long as I keep the vehicle serviced and there is nothing broken my only obligation is to complete 50% of the value. Thanks in advance.

Exceeding the agreed mileage may have an effect on the value of the car and therefore may give them grounds to claim you have excessively devalued the car.

Not an expert on this so this is just an opinion.

Yes this is true but there is usually a reference to you having kept the car in a good state of repair and "taken reasonable care of the goods". They may try to argue that allowing the goods to have excessive mileage is not taking reasonable care and claim you have indirectly devalued the goods.

Don't get me wrong, I would agree with you that by having paid the 50% then I have fulfilled my side of the contract and should be able to return the car. I'm just suggesting it is something that you may have to watch for and be prepared to argue the toss with them.

Edited by crem

Is the 50% break actually written into your contract? Many PCP's exclude it - as it was a right under HP, but not the myriad of other plans and schemes. You'll need to be guided by the small print on your own individual agreement.