Procedure for removing ccj

chno9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am wanting to remove a CCJ from my file that was unfairly given. I just need to know the actual procedure, i.e who i need to speak to, or send information to.

Thanks

You will have to apply to have the original CCJ set a side. This will have to be done through your local county court.

Be warned, there are many factors which will need to be taken into account before you begin this process, don't automatically assume that the courts will find in your favour because you believe the CCJ was given "Unfairly". The courts do not deal with issues of fairness, they will only deal with the legalities of the judgement. They will also consider how old the CCJ is.

If you post more information, more legal advice will come.

The judgement papers were sent to an address i no longer lived at, despite notifying of the change. The original debt had been in dispute prior to them sending this paper work.

My question really relates to the actual procedure, i.e the forms i need to fill in and where i need to send them etc.