taking a item back with the receipt

what_todo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

back in nov/dec 09 a i got a nintendo wii

over the last few day it has been making a rattleing noise whenever putting in any cd.

i want to take it back to the shop, dixons however i cant find the receipt but i do know the date, what time roughly, and i still have my same card that i used on the day.

what is the way to get the item replaced?

Edited by what_todo

I can't recall off the top of my head if a Wii is an item that's immediately swapped in store, quit PC World back in December, however more than likely it wont get replaced, they'll give you a number for you to call and get it repaired.

If you gave your address when you bought the Wii then they should be able to look you up from your postcode and surname using their MCSD system, and this will allow them to print a new receipt for you aswell.

hello all,

back in nov/dec 09 a i got a nintendo wii

over the last few day it has been making a rattleing noise whenever putting in any cd.

i want to take it back to the shop, dixons however i cant find the receipt but i do know the date, what time roughly, and i still have my same card that i used on the day.

what is the way to get the item replaced?

Take the statement from your card showing the purchase, it is proof of purchase. Whilst stores prefer you to have a receipt, it isn't compulsory as long as you can prove you made the purchase.

Take some ID with you and a bank statement showing the date of purchase, who payment was made to (currys) and the amount paid.

With any luck their should be a copy of your reciept on the system still as they're normaly kept for 6 years. If not they can manualy input the details using your statement, either way they'll need to see some kind of ID, possibly photographic if the assistant is feeling particularly cautious.

As far as I can recall Wii's go off to nintendo for repair, DS's are replaced in store. Normaly nintendo will collect the item from either the store or your home whichever is more convenient. Also the store are under obligation to arrange the repair, unless you'd rather speak to nintendo yourself, insist that the store handle it.