Just Paid Moorcroft......?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a debt of £170 and just payed it off in full to moorcroft debt collection, but i've been reading up on them and seen quite alot of bad press....

now that i have paid it do you think they will leave me alone?

or will they try and get more out of me?

they said they would increase the debt on the 4th of february however i phoned them and said i'd made the transaction on the 3rd but it takes a while to go through.

what happens if they call again after its paid?

Is that the full amount you owed?

If it is they shouldn 't call you again but thats not to say they won't.

They will probably tell you it is more than that coz they've just added interest and charges for late payment.

Did you know you owed money to them as they are obviously collecting for someone?

Lowlife **** that they are

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Dont trust these retards..make sure you have a copy of your bank statement and insist they send a letter proving full payment...they could add extrac charges on and let you know in a couple of months after it has built up...dont be fobbed off by them..

Did you post a cheque by any chance? If so my advice would be to have it cancelled by your bank. Then you could do one of three things;

1) Insist that Moorcrap provide, in writing, confirmation that the amount is £170 and payment of this will mean the account is marked as satisfied and duly closed.

2) Send Moorcrap a letter stating that you don't acknowledge the debt and get them to prove that you owe it. As it's an overdraft they'll have a hell of a time getting anything like proof and will eventually pass it back to Abbey.

3) Speak with Abbey directly and see if you can come to some arrangement with them. If so, inform Moorcrap that you are dealing with the OC and that they can 'foxtrot oscar'!!

I would personally opt for number 2 but I have no morals, thus don't feel obliged to pay the lowlifes!! ;)

I'd be putting in a claim to get those O/D charges paid back.

Moorcr@p, now that is a definite sign that they didn't have a leg to stand on if their chasing it!:-|

Not too worry, it's done now, you can still claim you O/D charges back from the bank though.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!