One very surprised Rossendales Bailiff over CTAX bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a rossendale bailiff pushed my door open and knocked my 6yr old flying he never offered me any id i tryed to push him out but he wouldnt move i have been told i have to write a letter of complaint to the council i really dont want to have any dealings with this firm again do you think the council will allow me to pay them instead

which council is this?

I am right in saying that it has to be in transcript form if presented in court, just curious to know

I believe not. However if you want to play a recording then it is entirely up to you to provide all the necessary equipment.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

we really need to stop talking as individuals and start fighting back en masse such as we did with the poindings for poll tax in Scotland. Stop them with a show of force for every walking posession order they attempt to gain.

Edited by calvi36
typo

we really need to stop talking as individuals and start fighting back en masse such as we did with the poindings for poll tax in Scotland. Stop them with a show of force for every walking posession order they attempt to gain.

POLL Tax, I remember that about 1988/1989 and didn't pay a PENNY of it to Worthing Council, I was more militant then than now ( I think, according to a book I have here, at 44 I am now a Grumpy old Man... Sigh)

They used Scotland as the testing zone, they knew if they tried it in Northern Ireland that they would be shot. one year of testing in Scotland and they had riots, now look what happened in England, no riots! I wonder why.

POLL Tax, I remember that about 1988/1989 and didn't pay a PENNY of it to Worthing Council, I was more militant then than now ( I think, according to a book I have here, at 44 I am now a Grumpy old Man... Sigh)
Edited by calvi36
3 bloody typos its late

Well, I belonged to a sort of pyramid group, where if you had a Bailiff calling, we had a central and local number to call and there would be in theory 80 people dancing about on your lawn disturbing the bailiff.

Luckily I never had to call on that network, I sort of doubted it's effectiveness.

BUT To the REAL matter, we go to court in the Morning, The Clerk called me earlier and made sure I have everything ready and said we could pile in early (We called them after the Bailiff tried to force entry, so I think they understand why we wanted to get in early)

The Bailiff I think believes that the house will be empty while we are away at the court, so he can "do his magic", but he would be wrong, there will be my 17 YO son, who is over 12 inches taller than me, making it hard to boss him about... Just glad he respects me , 2 of his mates, My Daughter (20) and her intended (24) and their housemate Kyle... And of course the 3 dogs.

And then there would be the assault charge I have lodged and the Criminal damage charge as well, I am a Software Engineer, Since hitting 40 I have had to wear glasses, and The Bailiff Knocked my glasses off after treading on my foot I will add, and rendered my glasses useless to me due to the damage, so I will be seeking damages from Rossendales for that as well

Just for good measure I texted the so called Bailiff and told him how Screwed he is, he's f*cked, I will have his Bailiff Cert off him, it is now a personal mission, and I have the evidence to prove he is not worthy of his license, and I am happy to bring this to the public if anyone can suggest any way to show what charletains they are, I am happy to stick my neck out and be Mr Anti Asshole Bailiff in the Media or whatever.

Edited by Hentooth

I am right in saying that it has to be in transcript form if presented in court, just curious to know

As I understand it , a call can legally be recorded provided at least one party is aware the call is being recorded. ie, if you make or recieve the call and record it for your own use then that is fine. In addition a transcript of the recording can legaly be used as evidence. If the other party disputes any part of the transcript then I`m led to believe that the rcording can be used to confirm the transcript by a judge or similar. In practice, the transcript is usualy sufficient.

I have used this method countless times including an employment tribunal where the transcript was the only thing that saved the day.

As I understand it , a call can legally be recorded provided at least one party is aware the call is being recorded. ie, if you make or recieve the call and record it for your own use then that is fine. In addition a transcript of the recording can legaly be used as evidence. If the other party disputes any part of the transcript then I`m led to believe that the rcording can be used to confirm the transcript by a judge or similar. In practice, the transcript is usualy sufficient.

I have used this method countless times including an employment tribunal where the transcript was the only thing that saved the day.

It's irrelevant, does anyone actually read the last few posts ?

The recording IS admissible according to my solicitor, and that particular so called Bailiff has signed off the end of his career in this industry and a start of a stint of whatever the courts give him for what is now his CRIMINAL activities.

PEOPLE, STOP ANALYSING IT, he BROKE the law and fell so far from the terms and conditions of his bailiffs Cert, that he may as well take a waiting ticket to pergatory.

I have confirmed with my local County Court, that he was NOT working within what they would expect as rule for a Bailiff.

The man will shortly have no career, I am going to make sure of that, he picked on the WRONG person to bully.

The recording IS admissible according to my solicitor, and that particular so called Bailiff has signed off the end of his career in this industry and a start of a stint of whatever the courts give him for what is now his CRIMINAL activities.

PEOPLE, STOP ANALYSING IT, he BROKE the law and fell so far from the terms and conditions of his bailiffs Cert, that he may as well take a waiting ticket to pergatory.

I have confirmed with my local County Court, that he was NOT working within what they would expect as rule for a Bailiff.

The man will shortly have no career, I am going to make sure of that, he picked on the WRONG person to bully.

Hentooth, I seemed to have upset you, we are both on the same wavlength and have suffered a similar issue. You have a tape recording of your bailiff, I have full on broadcast quality video. I too have been involved in many "investigative type missions" for various people over the years and as you point out, your eveidence is admissable. The point of my post is to fully clarify for OTHERS who may read the clarifiaction regarding recording calls as virtualy all dca`s, banks or similar will tell you its ilegal to record a call. As you know and know , that is not the case and by re iterating on this thread , others will read it and see and maybe if enough of us use these tactics we may just make an ipact on how these thugs operate.

Yeah, Sorry Pussycat, I was more than a little stressed into the last week or so before my Insolvency and Rossendales made it 50 times worse, so I apologise if I made you sound nasty.

I did make a formal complaint to both Kettering Council and Rossendales, and of course Rossendales THUG was working with a Colgate ring around his head, and when I recorded him, it was me being aggressive, not him.

Oh and me AND my wife pushed him out of the door when he tried to step in (Why would he try to do that then), EVEN tho my wife was only half way down the stairs and nowhere near the door.

So Form 4 and an upload of the tape when I figure a way to do a decent copy then.

Would uploading a scan of the letter from Rossendales with names blanked out break the rules, so you can all have a laugh?

Would uploading a scan of the letter from Rossendales with names blanked out break the rules, so you can all have a laugh?

As long as there is nothing to identify you, him or the Company - even though we know who it is should be OK but if in any doubt contact the Site Team for advice - red triangle.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct I too am fed up advising members that their recording IS admissible as evidence AND you don't need the others consent to record them, you don't even need to tell them your doing it although it's always satisfying to tell them after:D

• 1 month later...

Having just found this site and read the messages left by people who have unfortunately had the misfortune of dealings with a Bailiff from Rossendales, I can only add my encounter recently with one. Although she was what seemed to be a very nice lady and very reasonable when it came to settling the amount the levies added were way above what they should have been. Because at the time she caught me off guard and I just wanted her out of the way, I paid up without even questioning the extra payments. The extra payments totalled over £200. The next day my husband and I took out legal advice on these charges and the way that this particular Bailiff went about things,and it was very interesting to say the least what we found out. One point to remember is that if it is a first visit then the most that they can charge on top of the amount to be settled is only £24.50, not over £200 that she put on. Also she had on her inventory list my car which she had put down before she even entered the house. For one she had no right to do this as she did not know that I was going to settle the amount anyway and secondly my name was not on the paperwork as owing the money, so she had no right to take my car anyway. Apparently it is only the named person on the paperwork whose items she can take. She tried to tell us that because we were married, she was entitled to do this, no she is not as we found out, so do not let them, they are committing an offence in doing so. We have now written a letter of complaint laying down exactly what happened and asking for the £200 back within 7 days(this is what we have been told to do by the advice company) and if they do not do as asked, we can then report them to the ESA and our local councillor and indeed the local press. Be very careful with these people, they are very crafty. They know they are catching you off guard and they prey on the fact that you are scared of them, as I was and just wanted them out of the way. One fatal thing I did wrong was to let them in the house. At the time all I wanted to do was get them off of my doorstep, paid up and out of the way, a mistake I will never make again, god forbid I ever have the misfortune to encounter one of these bully boys. Be very careful what you hand over to them and remember do your homework before they turn up, because they cannot do a lot of the things they say they can.