style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry for all the msgs they would go thru and now ive got loads sorry again

Not a problem, I have them all and if you use the reply email it should be ok now. I had typed an extra space in UK as U K. and it caused a gliche.

You now have more emails to read Sorrry.

WD

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all just a quick one i have a local concillor in contact who is trying to help also(dont think he nos what hes on about) i just need some clarification he says the debt has been sold to rossendales and can I find out what are the councils guidelines for buying this debt back??? the mind boggles he says quote "The legal advice I have recieved has matched my constituents. Can you please look at what arrangements the council has in place to deal with this situation and whether we can look at buying the debt back." is he wrong??

hi all just a quick one i have a local concillor in contact who is trying to help also(dont think he nos what hes on about) i just need some clarification he says the debt has been sold to rossendales and can I find out what are the councils guidelines for buying this debt back??? the mind boggles he says quote "The legal advice I have recieved has matched my constituents. Can you please look at what arrangements the council has in place to deal with this situation and whether we can look at buying the debt back." is he wrong??

He's asking you? The mind boggles.

Fact - the debt always belongs to the Council

Fact - Rossendales act as an agent of the Council to recover CT debts

Fact - there is no debt to buy

Fact - the Council can instruct Rossendales to hand back any account regardless of status at any time but they choose not to on many occasions.

The Council should have some form of agreement/contract with Rossendales and he should be able to ask about this within the Council. If there are lots of head scratching whenn he does this there is something drastically wrong and this needs investigating.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ur not wrong i think what he is saying about the legal advice matches his constitunents means im right in what i am saying but and its a big but they all seem scared to take it on, a very nice letter has gone to head of finacne again thanks to WD but hes away until mon morn, next step i think wud b local gov ombudsman like someone said earlier think this council is trying to reclaim some of there bad investment in an icelandic bank lol

Basically you owe them the money and what you are trying to do is repay it at a rate affordable to you and keep the wolves from the door, so I suggest you make the payment online or send a cheque with the letter, as it then shows you are genuinely addressing the matter.

*update had an email from council they have seen all my emails and have called off rossendales and now they are doing an investigation, i might not have won the battle but ive won this round thanks PT WD and TT an Kel couldnt have got this far without u

*update had an email from council they have seen all my emails and have called off rossendales and now they are doing an investigation, i might not have won the battle but ive won this round thanks PT WD and TT an Kel couldnt have got this far without u

Well done. you have indeed won the battle so do not give them the chance to re-group and make into a war. Stick firm with what was written and make those payments to show your serious.:wink:;-)

Well done again and good luck.

WD

thanks everybody, the email, was very apologetic and if there is anything we can do lol, what makes me laugh i spoke to my concillor and hes still on about the council buying the debt back! its working progress still but iv got a good feeling and at least i can enjoy my weekend thanks again everyone

• 3 weeks later...

a further update for u all council have accepted to take the debt back, and accept my affordable repayment result, she is even looking into whether we are entitled to assistance with benefits also,one question i have what will happen with the rossendales charges??? can they still come or will just ask for there charges to be paid by letter, and one further thing can they enforce the van charge, even though they were aware i was vunerable but still turned up anyway to bump up there fees thanks in advance

Well once the Council have taken back the debt, the bailiffs are no longer able to use the Warrant as a reason to chase you. In other words they are trespassing on your property if they call and ask for their charges to be paid since their charges are not included in the Warrant.

Their only recourse is to write to you and if that fails, they can take you to Court. To be successful in Court they would have to justify their charges such as for the van. And also they will have to prove that not only were the claimed visits made, but they were made by a certificated bailiff. If they have broken the Law in their dealings with you, they may be reluctant to go to Court

If they do write to you make sure that you ask them about their charges and put them to strict proof as to who called. If they don't do that, but do in Court, the Judge will not take kindly to those actions.

I'm so happy to read that, thewakers7. I can't add to what lookinforinfo stated except to underline the fact you shouldn't worry about them.

Very best wishes to you.

Rae

thanks rae it was a long battle but we got there in the end head of finance has been very helpfull(evenutually) lol im not overly worried about rossendales they can send as many letters as they want. part of me wishes to send them a letter saying nah nah nah nah haha but i no that would be very childish of me! out of all the strain stress and worry that they have knowingly caused they might have done me a favour ive come out stronger more organised and willing to fight, all i have to do now is sort out my landlord (another thread) and the advice iv been given on that has had a very interesting turn of events on that too, so all i can say is this site is helping so many people and i hope it continues many thanks

thanks rae it was a long battle but we got there in the end head of finance has been very helpfull(evenutually) lol im not overly worried about rossendales they can send as many letters as they want. part of me wishes to send them a letter saying nah nah nah nah haha but i no that would be very childish of me! out of all the strain stress and worry that they have knowingly caused they might have done me a favour ive come out stronger more organised and willing to fight, all i have to do now is sort out my landlord (another thread) and the advice iv been given on that has had a very interesting turn of events on that too, so all i can say is this site is helping so many people and i hope it continues many thanks

So pleased to hear your good news ...well done.

WD