style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please help, after a lot of faffing about rossendales said they would hold the baliffs but still stuck firm with the original £435.00 per month repayment, i am a vunerable person(which i have told them) and sent proof i am severely depressed. i contacted them again to say i cannot afford this and made an offer of £25. pw i have today been sent a letter from them saying we must advise you we are unable to accept installments a this stage and payment is now due in full, therefore you must contact our van baliff company currently dealing with your account to arrange immediate payment, then underneath baliff number, etc then it ends baliff manager no sinature then underneath that it says all payments must be made to rossendales ltd. what do i do this is making me so ill, is this just a scare tactic?? they do have a wpo unforutnately as i wasnt as clued up then as what i am now please help many thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way forward DEPENDS entirely on knowing the following:

How much was the Liability order?

What goods have been levied upon?

When was the levy made?

Are you in receipt of benefits?

Can you explain a bit more about your vulnerability?

Do you live on your own?

hi thanks for the reply the amount left outstanding is around £800 the goods levied is tv laptop computer freeview box, im not in receipt of benefits because my husband works, but we have 5 kids so it doesnt stretch too far, im severely depressed and have been given anti depressents by my doctor who assesed me he gave me some options pshycitrist (bad speling soz) etc etc. the levy was made about 6 months ago also. i have contacted local council to ask to take back the debt no response, im frightnened to answer the door or even go out making my depression worse

Hi wakers7.

As far as bailiffs, councils and courts are concerned, an indication of who might be classed as vulnerable is laid out in the National Standards of Enforcement Agents. Unfortunately, this is not cast in stone. It is not law and it can - and is - ignored from time to time.

From what I've read here, it looks awkward. On the one hand you have a husband in full time employment, a family, a home. Stability of sorts.

However, clearly you are not well and this current situation will be a hinderance to your recovery.

You need to think clearly and carefully about what you want to achieve here and how achievable it may be. As you have discovered, councils can ignore you and bailiffs see you as a very attractive piggy bank.

My first port of call would be my GP. If yours is half as good as mine, they will be supportive. Discuss this problem with him and let them know how it is having a detrimental affect on your health. Then ask if he'll write a letter of support outlining your health issues. And if you link into any other NHS support for your depression do likewise.

You then have some evidence to support what you are saying. It is no longer just your word.

Write - don't phone - to the head of revenue services at the council explaining your problem and copy in your GP letter and any others. Copy that lot to the bailiffs firm. And hope.

Whilst you're doing that, you might as well ring your local councillor and tell him what is going on.

Your goal is to try and either get the case back with the council, make affordable and sustainable payment plans or do likewise with the bailiff.

Here is a link to the National Standards.

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

This suggestion is as well as any other suggestion regarding fees etc you may receive.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

hi thanks kelcou for the advice i have just been down to my docs, shes changed my prescription and today is writing me a letter so i will receive this tomorow morning, i have drafted a letter to the council, but i could do with a more proffesional one if there are any templates knocking about , ive emailed and rang my local councilor for someone to get in touch asap, is it worth doing a letter of complaint to the top person in charge of the council too??

Hi, I would personally hang fire on complaining. Wait and see how they react to your letter and GP support first.

There are many a template letter on this site that may be usefull - I haven't the foggiest where but someone may link to them.

That said, feel free to post your letter here - but without any identifying details! - and we can see if it needs a wash and brush up!

Rae.

hi thanks kelcou for the advice i have just been down to my docs, shes changed my prescription and today is writing me a letter so i will receive this tomorow morning, i have drafted a letter to the council, but i could do with a more proffesional one if there are any templates knocking about , ive emailed and rang my local councilor for someone to get in touch asap, is it worth doing a letter of complaint to the top person in charge of the council too??

When it comes to "vulnerability" I personally do find that Rossendales are normally in agreement to payment proposals. I will help draft a letter for you in the morning and can get an e-mail sent to them as well for you. I have sent you a PM.

hi just an update received my letter today from gp, she states i am being treated for severe depression and anxiety and becoming more socially withdrawn whilst trying to deal with multiple personal issues, she is currently under regular review whilst we try to improve her symptoms with appropriate medication. Is this ok?, or do i need to ask her to go into more details or ask for anything else, do i now send this off to the council/rossendales any ideas please, many thanks uve all been a great help!!

Just a quick thought - is there a time limit on WPOs being valid? 6 months?

If a walking possession has been issued and no payments made under it for a few months then the bailiff almost certainly would be seen to have abandoned the goods and it would therefore no longer be valid.

there sayin coz there two people on the debt an coz im vunerable theyl have to go thru my husband im at my wits end now cant cope

As far as I am aware if you are classed as vulnerable then it applies to the whole family and not just the individual.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know whether this has been asked or suggested but think because both the Council & Bailiffs are being "awkward" you should contact your local Councillor and ask them for help. In my view you can do this today at any time up until about 9pm this evening. If you get a chance of a meeting try to do it at home and show them this site, explain this is how his/her Council treats people without any consultation or respect.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi sorry for the late reply guys, been trying to sort stuff out basically rossendales turned up i saw the van pull up so i went out locked the doors and the first thing man said was is your husband in so i said no who are you, so they said baliffs from rossendales, so they then asked if i was mrs so said yes, lady bailiff said were aware your not well but unfortunately theres two names on the debt and the council still wish for us to proceed and my husband is not unwell, she promptly gave me a bailiff removal form and said my husband needs to contact her, theyve approx put 175.00 van costs on top of the debt, will they come again and what can they do?? any help would be greatly appreciated

well its tv a laptop and a comp and freeview box so i dunno i thought it was around 125.00 mark no doubt they will come back and do another but its just knowing my rights really can they still enforce it etc im not unwilling i have paid some i didnt really no my rights untill i came on here its just exasterbating my illness really(sorry if i spelt it wrong) big sighhhh

Hi thewakers7, this is very perplexing.

You have clearly been able to provide evidence of your vulnerability. Have done so to both council and bailiff. And this has been ignored.

The reason the category applies to the household is for the very same reason you are discovering. It is detrimental to your health.

Have you telephoned your local councillor? You need their help asap. Still time to call as Ploddertom advised.

Also contact your local MP and get them involved.

Email a formal complaint to the CEO of your council tonight if possible and drop the hard copy to the offices over the weekend. Copies to your friendly neighbourhood bailiff.

Do let them know that this behaviour is not right and that it is making you worse. You hold them personally responsible for this unacceptable behaviour.

Make an appointment with your local CAB with a view to persuing this matter further.

Then relax.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

hi rae, thanks for the reply i have found my councillor half a dozen times just keep getting the answer machine and have left loads of msgs i will email the ceo tonight but will they reply its sat tomorow i told the council about my vunerability and its been ignored i dont think i could cope with a 2nd visit its half term now and the kids will b home in ur experience will they call again over the weekend?? im sure i read that they cant call on a sunday??

You do indeed get Sundays off!

Don't expect replies due to the weekend but it'll be there nice and early for him on the monday morning. Some people are able to check work email from home.

Hang in there hunni.

Rae.

hi rae just sent an email to ceo basically saying the council are aware of my health issues and deemed it upon themselves to ignore at the detriment to my health etc etc i apologised in contacting him was very nice but stated facts sorry heads in a mess tonight did u say they cannot chase another member of the household?? its the household that is vunerable??