Lewis Group/Cohens

woods23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in October 09, I received a letter from Lewis Group saying I owed £1772 to HSBC. I sent a CCA requst recorded delivery and got a letter back saying as they weren't the original creditor couldn't provide a copy of credit agreement. I then sent them another letter recorded saying that as they couldn't provide the original cca this account was now unenforceable at law and they couldn't take any further action. In December 09 I got a letter from Cohens threatening legal action if I didn't pay up. Again I sent them a letter recorded delivery and haven't heard anything until this morning when I received a card asking me to telephone 01268 560280 to discuss an individual repayment plan. There is no address on the card, so I have wrung to find out where they are based and they are in Belfast. Please can anyone help me with what I need to do/send to them to get them off my back. It's making me ill:mad:

CL Finance, part of the Lewis Group, who operate under the name 'Howard Cohen' for legal purposes, have several offices. They are mainly based in Cleckheaton, W Yorkshire, but have offices in Glasgow and Belfast as well.

They are owned by the Cattles Group, who also have Welcome Finance in their portfolio.

Beware of the 'Cohen' office, they are known to take court action at the drop of a hat and, unless you defend, they get judgement by default. That makes it harder to deal with.

If you have CCA'd Lewis group already then any action being taken by Cohen (just another office at Lewis, Cohen himself works in Leeds) is out of order. Just bang a letter to them to explain that Lewis have failed to prove that they hold any debt you may or may not have had and that you are bemused as to why they are taking further action.

A sample or three can be found by searching for 'bemused'.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Back in October 09, I received a letter from Lewis Group saying I owed £1772 to HSBC. I sent a CCA requst recorded delivery and got a letter back saying as they weren't the original creditor couldn't provide a copy of credit agreement. I then sent them another letter recorded saying that as they couldn't provide the original cca this account was now unenforceable at law and they couldn't take any further action. In December 09 I got a letter from Cohens threatening legal action if I didn't pay up. Again I sent them a letter recorded delivery and haven't heard anything until this morning when I received a card asking me to telephone 01268 560280 to discuss an individual repayment plan. There is no address on the card, so I have wrung to find out where they are based and they are in Belfast. Please can anyone help me with what I need to do/send to them to get them off my back. It's making me ill:mad:

That number you gave is Basildon Essex code and shows up as an estate agents.

Did they say who the were when you rang them?

We must have sent them enough cash 'cos the Lewis staff in Cleckheaton are off on their hols.

n786569387_1119584_9521.jpg

This is from their own Facebook page BTW - Lewis group | Facebook

Another pic of their office...

n786569387_1119555_1771.jpg

Lots more pics, open to the public, of them playing silly games in the car park. Now you can see what some of their threat-monkeys look like...

Is this really what they want to say to the people they speak to on the phone?

n688078384_1820024_7550.jpg

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

And there is the proof if ever it were needed, that they don't know how to spell D.I.R.E.C.T D.E.B.I.T hence it being draped in A4 across the ceiling.

Further evidence why you should never set up a DD with these uneducated companies.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Looking at the photographs, I am reminded of the old saying "little things please little minds". Then again, looking at the fence in the car park and the vacant physiognomy apparent in many of the images, I wonder if in fact Lewis is some sort of institution for people in whom the synaptic process is a slow one, and who cannot resist pies?

Is this really what they want to say to the people they speak to on the phone?

n688078384_1820024_7550.jpg

NO! Fraser Marshal would never do anything as unprofessional as that!

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to look on their site hard enough, you can put names to faces if you ever have the fortunate experience of talking to them.

They have left themselves WIDE open, a little like the Facebook site that allowed Police to upload photographs of car accidents and then commented on them, except these are not bound by the same code of conduct!......??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank God The Lewis Group is providing secure accomodation for these people during the day.

I wonder what time the fleet of yellow 'special' busses arrive to take them home to their families?

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

How long before Dr Lucas (Chair of Vice I think he is...) gets that Facebook page pulled, and castrates whoever set it up ? :cool:

I've just had the threat of an account being handed over to Lewis Group, those wonderful people at Companies House employ Lewis Debt Services to lean on non-payers it seems...

Their antics are not confined to the office and car park, there is a playground just at the top of the road. Just put 'BD19 4DH' into Google maps and swap to Satellite view. The Lewis Group are clearly marked on the map. You've no chance of getting on the swings at luncthime...

I have just spoken to Marilyn Bowden on the 01268 number and she says she is the doorstep collection for Lewis Group and advised her that I have sent by recorded delivery today copies of letters I have sent to Lewis Group and Cohens requesting CCA etc. back in November/December last year and that the account is in dispute and cannot be enforced. She has advised me that the account has indeed been sent back and she actually apologised for any inconvenience caused. Will this be the last I hear from them...................watch this space.

Just as an add on, what happens if the name on the credit agreement isn't your name anymore? For example if you change your name through marriage, can you say that person doesn't exist or are you obliged to tell them you have changed your name?

For example if you change your name through marriage, can you say that person doesn't exist or are you obliged to tell them you have changed your name?

They can find out your new name, as it will be on the BDM register, even I can find that info out, well, if I knew your previous married name I could.

You may get away with it for a while, but you would have to have moved address, re-registered with all of your utility companies, new bank account, Driving Licence, etc etc etc, there are a hundred and one ways to find you, if they really want to that is.

Without wishing to sound stereotypical (OK then, I will), but their eyes - the lights are on, but nobody's home.

Not to mention the lack of style that all of the people in the photos demonstrate. Toothpaste green top with white pants and sandals? Jesus!

Also, those two sitting down in the 'DIRECT DEBIT' photo - have they been at the glue bag before they came into work, or what?

Ah Bless!!! I think in the first photo Lewis have taken them out on a bus for a couple of hours, then brought them back in through the office fire escape and now they really think they are on holiday!!!!:D

As F_DCA says that second photo looks very suspect - could Lewis be tampering with the drinking fountain???

Pookey

Edited by pookeymonkey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

When I have a little more time, I'm going to make the press and the MD/CEO of this shower aware of there good name being mocked by 99% of the country!

If you would like to discuss any matters or need further explanation please call :-

Dave Berry – Managing Director 0870 751 3502

Roger Lucas – Vice Chairman 0870 751 3501

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Dave Berry – Managing Director 0870 751 3502

Roger Lucas – Vice Chairman 0870 751 3501

EEK! Don't call them on 0870 numbers, use the main switchboard on 01274 852000 or send them a fax on 01274 852175

Remember, these are the sort of people you are dealing with...

n786569387_2314279_1444919.jpg

It's free at the weekends and evenings on my current tariff with BT, I don't even ring 0845 numbers..;)

It's free at the weekends and evenings on my current tariff with BT, I don't even ring 0845 numbers..;)

Fine if you're with BT. I'm on cable and they charge a whopping 9.1p a minute, with a 9p connection charge ! :eek:

From a mobile it can cost up to 35p a minute to call 0870 numbers - hence the warning... :mad: