Can i be arrested? Can they get a locksmith?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have Marston’s bailiffs asking for £2300 for Magistrates court fines for unpaid tax and fine.

They have been to my parents address - I don’t live there anymore, so I called them and said I don’t live there (gave my new address rented accommodation) and said I would try to get a loan, but I have been refused.

I wrote Marston’s a letter with an offer of £150 per month – I called to see their decision - they say I have to communicate through the bailiff.

I call him he hasn’t seen the letter but refuses anyway.

Says now that I can be arrested as it is a magistrates fine.

I think I put him off “breaking” into where I live as I told him it’s not my house, 5 other people live there and none of the stuff is mine.

But he says he suggests I pay it or I will be arrested and taken to court.

Any one have any advice?

Ive had this before but only as fluffy bunny says, with an arrest warrant.

Have you called the court ? ask to speak to the warrant officer, check if there is an arrest warrant for you, they will tell you.

The warrant officer come to my flat, executed the warrant and set a date for me to go to court an arrange a weekly payment with them.

Assume you did not get any paperwork about the fine/bailiff before now ? tell the court that.

Thanks if it is unlikely they will do that - what will they do next then?

I wouldnt be able to afford it over 6 months?

Think if you arrange to pay it off through the court, after 6 months they set another means hearing... thats what you need to ask for ! a Means assessment hearing.

I paid my fines (foolish and young) over about two years but would of taken about 7 to pay off in full, in the end I told them I could not afford it... which I could not... they squashed the rest of the debt... basiclly said "cant afford it no more send me to prison" well they didnt.

I DO NOT recommend you do that though !

I have Marston’s bailiffs asking for £2300 for Magistrates court fines for unpaid tax and fine.

They have been to my parents address - I don’t live there anymore, so I called them and said I don’t live there (gave my new address rented accommodation) and said I would try to get a loan, but I have been refused.

I wrote Marston’s a letter with an offer of £150 per month – I called to see their decision - they say I have to communicate through the bailiff.

I call him he hasn’t seen the letter but refuses anyway.

Says now that I can be arrested as it is a magistrates fine.

I think I put him off “breaking” into where I live as I told him it’s not my house, 5 other people live there and none of the stuff is mine.

But he says he suggests I pay it or I will be arrested and taken to court.

Any one have any advice?

For the amount to be this much it would appearthat you have a few fines.

Did you receive the original summons?

If so did, you plead guilty by post or did you attend court?

Were you given a payment arrangement?

If you can answer the above, then further advice can be provided.

I had a fine for no tax disc on my car and a few parking fines.

I have not attended court.

I did make an arrangement to pay but didnt stick to it, I couldnt afford to pay it, since then I have somewhat buried my head in the sand and ignored it all up until this point. Stupid I know.

For the amount to be this much it would appearthat you have a few fines.

Did you receive the original summons?

If so did, you plead guilty by post or did you attend court?

Were you given a payment arrangement?

If you can answer the above, then further advice can be provided.

Hi tomtubby,

I sent you my details yesterday - please can you contact me ?

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

HI TOmtubby,

I have tried to message you but its not working - following our telephone converstation last week you said you would send me the correspondance from and to Marstons's - please can you do so? I am calling the court as advised tomorrow and just wanted to recap on what you wrote.

MAny Thanks

Faye Mckenna

HI TOmtubby,

I have tried to message you but its not working - following our *****************last week you said you would send me the correspondance from and to Marstons's - please can you do so? I am calling the court as advised tomorrow and just wanted to recap on what you wrote.

MAny Thanks

edit you post

personal info showing!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...