• Tweets

• OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because there was still £69 owing, I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle. However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account ......... has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Any Help Appreciated! csplusonline.co.uk/commercialcreditsolutions .co.uk

swhibley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..

I'm posting on here on behalf of my wife and mother-in-law...

Early December they set up and opened a new business. Just before Christmas my mother-in-law got cold called from a company who were offering an advert in a magazine (it was described as a community safety magazine and she was given the impression that this was handed out locally). She said that she might be interested but that they were quite busy so could they ring back after Christmas (she did give them some details like business address and email address)

Heard nothing until after Christmas when an email came through asking her to "approve artwork".. the "artwork" was an empty web template with just the company name and address on it.

The same day, they got an invoice in the post for £100 +VAT for the artwork and magazine insertion.

I did a bit of investigation and found that what they were actually offering was a listing on their website csplusonline.co.uk.

Obviously since she hadn't yet agreed to even take out an advert she wasn't going to pay but rather than just leave it, they phoned the company to find out what was going on. She was told that they had a tape recording from before Christmas where she agreed to take out an advert and as such that was a contract and the invoice was payable or else it would be passed to a debt collection agency. Again she said that she hadn't agreed to anything and asked for a copy of the phone call. She was told she couldn't have it and basically words to the effect that "we'll get the money one way or another"

Now they have received a letter from a "debt collection agency" (I have no idea how genuince this DCA is, the paper is very poor quality and there are spelling mistakes on the letter!) called Commercial Credit Solutions Ltd (commercialcreditsolutions.co.uk). I've done a quick check and they are on yell.com and also they are registered at companies house. It was the usual "you must pay or else" except I noticed one odd thing when I checked the website...

The address AND phone number are the same as CSPlusonline!!!!

So it seems to me that either the debt collection agency has been created purely to follow up on people who refuse to pay for the advert they never agreed to (in the hope that a letter fro a DCA will make people pay up) or that CSPlusonline has been created to channel business to the DCA..

Has anyone heard of either of these companies and have any idea what the best way forward is?

My initial thoughts are to 1) Ask the DCA for evidence of the debt and 2) to hit CSPlus with a Freedom of Information request requesting all letters, memos and phone recordings to the mother-in-law..

Does this sound reasonable? At least if we could get them to send us this phonecall "contract" we might see if she DID actually accidently agree to something!

Thanks for reading and any advice would be most appreciated!

We use to get these all the time. Tell them you have agreed to nothing and not to contact you again or you will report them for harassment.

If they continue then report them to Trading Standards.

I forgot to say that when the invoice came through and after the "we'll get your money" phone call my father-in-law rang Trading Standards in Liverpool (which is where both companies are based) and they were basically totally uninterested... Said that she probably had entered into a contract with them and so we'd have to pay..

(I wonder if Liverpool Trading Standards are in the same building too..!)

As they seem to rely on a verbal contract and state that the telephone calls are recorded write (Sent recorded delivery) and ask for a true copy/transcript as should things progress far enough I believe they would have to produce the original in Court

Of course if they say they don't have a copy then it's "your word agaisnt theirs" (as it is anyway) and then as far as I'm concerned that would put them in breach of their own Terms and Conditions as available on thier website

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi S

I would just go for a bog standard No Debt Acknowledged so send us what you have to prove it

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Just had it pointed out to me that it was actually my father-in-law who phoned them up about the invoice.. and the phrase they used to him was "I'll knock the cocky out of you"..! :-o

I'm guessing we'll never get an accurate copy/transcript of THAT conversation!

Nice eh

In which case within the prove it letter add that all contact will be in writing only

R

sounds good to me.... the DCA has already been on the phone today apparently...

Then from now on the reply they get is "In writing only" and then put the phone down

R

We've got someone from OUR local trading standards coming round tomorrow to see if there is anything they can suggest...

Thanks for all the suggestions... will try and update as we hear things...

We've got someone from OUR local trading standards coming round tomorrow to see if there is anything they can suggest...

Make sure that you get them to check whether there is a current credit licence. Not to have one is a serious offence, and means that they are b basically loan sharks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. just thought I'd update to say that since OUR Trading Standards came and talked to us, then they went away and spoke to Liverpool TS... after a couple of days we stopped getting calls...

Not heard from them in a couple of weeks now...:-)

My mother has also just been scammed by csplusonline.co.uk, they rang her up posing to be a police officer and asked her to advertise in their online magazine to prevent crime and to promote community safety. As she had just recently had some contact with crime within her business she thought it was a good idea and wanted to hear more, she then got passed onto a woman who spouted off about the T&C, she told her how much it would cost, my mother then told her that she diddnt want to agree to anything but that the woman could send some information out in the post for her to look at. She then asked the woman 'Im not agreeing to anything am i? i dont want to agree to anthing' to that the woman replied 'no you arnt'

My mother then went on holiday and came back to find a letter from csplusonline.co.uk thanking her for choosing them and that she had taken out a full advertisment and it would cost her £105. She later got another letter telling her that her business listing were now on the website to veiw.

She called them up telling them that she did not agree to this and that she wished to cancel it. The man on the other end of the phone simply laughed and said 'you cant, as soon as you talked to the woman on the phone you entered an agreement'. She stated that she thought they were [problem] artists and to this he laughed and mocked her and says pay up or else and that he will be getting his money, with interest, as a balif will be coming to get it.

She has since rang the police and they are coming out to interview her as he impersonated a police officer and that is an offence.

She is also in the process of contacting BBC Watchdog and would appricate it if you have been scammed that you also do the same and we can try and pervent this from happening again.

will keep you updated

simba1958

The contract between the parties hereto shall commence from the time c.s.p telephones the client to confirm the client’s order (which the conversation is recorded).

according to their own t/c the contract shall only commence from when they telephone and CONFIRM the clients order

according to their website they record the conversations so if they do issue court proceedings then as part of that they are going to have to produce the recordings in court as part of the agreement....game over i think

Unfortunately, the police will no longer investigate fraud - I actually heard a senior police officer admitting as much on Radio 4. It is not a government target, therefore they will not put any resources into investigating it, as it does not help their figures :rolleyes: No doubt this is one of the main reasons why DCAs in general seem to be so willing to commit fraud these days. Crime pays very well indeed when there is no fear of even being investigated, let alone caught :mad:

just an update:

police came out today... no help said it was a civil matter, after some pursuasion the police man said he would give the company a call, what a waste of time. CSP were very lovely on the phone and said that she had entered into an agreement and it she wanted a transcript of the telephone conversation she could buy one for £7. HA!

Police said it would be better to get a solicitor. Still awating Trading Standards to get back to us. Hope there more help.

Simba1958

• 5 weeks later...

A friend of mine is also having trouble with CPS online and CC solutions (who are now becoming threatening)@ He has written to them denying contract and asking for no futher contact and evryting in writing but hey have continued to phone. This has been going on for quite a few weeks and he cannot actually remember what he did or didn't agree to on the phone but would not knowingly have agreed to the advert going ahead. Both TS and the Police say they can do nothing as it's business to business, is this correct, what can he do as this is making him ill.

tranding standards did get back to me, said that i should just ignore them, if i had anymore problems to get back in contact with them, well the phone calls started they were very threatening telling my staff that they would have my business shut down. rang back TS who were very understanding i told them about this site and all the people who were getting scamed and how they were laughing at us all, she has asked me to forward all my correspondence from cps-ccs and she would deal with this for me. the only time i have been in contacted with this company was when i received the first letter and i tried to tell them i was not interested and they became very nasty. so i have never contacted them again. if i was you in would go back to TS tell them again what has happened that u never agreed to anything and that this is happening thoughtout the country. unless we all stand up to them they will continue to do this makeing ours and other people lives a misery. i would stand up in any court and swear that i have never agreed to any advertising the only thing i am guilty of is aswering my telephone.