Hospital CPN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Every one

My first post, hope this is the right place.

Went to Charring Cross Hospital and used the pay & display car park, the ticket was for 2 hours i came back to the car before the time was up to find the penalty notice on the wind sreen stating that i was parked without clearly displaying the required current valid pay and display ticket, i then realized the pay and display ticket had fallen from the window into the foot well, i managed to speak to the enforcement officer and he said that he kwew i had a ticket and that he could see it through the window but because it was not clearly displayed he had issued the CPN, he then wrote a note on his hanheld machine stating that the ticket had fallen off the wind sreen and that i should write to head office.

What are my options on this one berring in mind that thecnicaly i was not clearly diplying a ticket.

Thank you in advance for your help

scan0001.jpg

scan0014.jpg

Edited by avisense

Hi avisense and welcome to cag:)

I cannot see the ticket clearly enough.

Is this a ticket from a private parking company or the Council.

If it is a private company them completly ignore them as it is only a request for payment not an enforceable fine.

Hi Wino

thank you for your quick response.

I belive it is a private company working on behalf of the hospital ( Car Parking Partnership ) based at PO Box 597 Northampton, i have also attached a biger picture.

Thanks again

Avisense

Edited by avisense

You can ignore this ticket as it is basically an invoice or request for money it is not enforcable. You may get more letters some even threatening further action ignore them aswell. Only tickets from Police or Council Traffic Wardens are enforcable.

Happily ignore, follwed by 6 letters getting more scary!!!

Beware the red ink! Dont even waste a stamp on replying to them and when you see another ticket on another car in that car park make sure you tell them the same or tuck a message into it pointing them to this forum!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi, after 3 reminders so far, today i get a letter with the heading NOTICE OF LEGAL PROCEEDINGS from I.C.C. Legal Services UK Limited giving me seven days to pay the sum of £120 should i fail to pay they will start legal proceedings without further reference. I have never heard of this people I.C.C. Legal Services, i take it that the advice is still the same IGNORE.

Thanks

I have found the website for ICC Legal services and it's full of the usual rubbish and falsehoods. The first paragraph on the website reads:-

ICC Legal Services (ICC LS) is part of Industrial Credit Consultants formed around 30 years ago, currently providing expertise in arbitration, account collection and litigation for the commercial sector and parking fines for both the public and private sector.

Of, course, they cannot call private parking charges "fines" .

Just take a look at this page to see how many mistakes they have made. They don't seem to be able to differentiate between private parking tickets and genuine council parking penalties.

Edited by DBC