Egg.......muppets?????

sunboy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received back my CCA from Egg after 2 letters for an agreement from Aug 2000.

They sent me a "true copy" of the orginal agreement with my signature and also a copy of my current ts&cs.

In the current Ts&Cs which are at my new address they have stated my APR at 6.9% and my min payement as 2%. I have just checked my account and the APR is stated as 29.9% and the min payement is 4%!!!!

Can I hold them to the "current" Ts&Cs and what is the best way to go about it? I was thinking of writing a letter along the lines of asking when the current Ts&Cs that they recently sent me took effect from and then claiming back the interest......

• 8 months later...

Not sure what to do with egg.....they are charging me £425 as a min payment on a balance of 13k because they keep putting the interest rate up.

Just nearly been made bankrupt from a failed business but need to pay a priority creditor - should I try to negotiate a lower monthly payment from egg or stop paying and send a token payment?

Has anyone got any experience of F&F with egg - can try to borrow some money to clear it once and for all

Any help appreciated

Hi Sunboy,

May not be much help but, not knowing your full situation, I would try to come to some sort of agreement with Egg in the short term. Tell them what you can afford and start paying that no matter how hard they holler because if push comes to shove later on, i.e. court, you can point out that rather that ignore the debit, you have been making an effort to pay it off.

Next thing is did you pay any PPI which may be reclaimable?

Another is, were you one of those people that were terminated a while back. I was, they increased the interest rates just prior to the termination, I complained to the FOS and got my money back - and a reduction in the interest rate.

Finally, look around this site. There are a lot of people on here with different sorts of problems with the banks and a lot of different solutions.

Regards,

Bosun.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)