Mistermind

Mistermind v Egg

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4431 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have got 6 yrs statements, and computed total itemised charges plus back interest, and sent it off to the company secretary of Egg, copy to Credit Solutions.

Although 1800 claims have been recorded as paid, there is not one successful stat for Egg, unless it is lumped into the 50 under "others". As a newbie here and taking time to wade through the huge volume of postings I have not yet seen a single Egg success yet, just instances of Egg meeting claim with counterclaim and offering £4 refund for each charge. If anyone has been successful, please say so here, thanks.

If this egg is hard to crack then maybe joint action and pooled legal consultation and shared fighting fund considered. They only need to lose once, and their resistance will be all over. If they try the counterclaim lark with me, I shall request stats of their punitive charges income versus their IT costs, i.e. to bring their trade secrets into the open where the public can see for the first time...... What foolhardy eggheads.

lucky you

you have actually recieved your statements or did you have them already.

after fillling out the data protection form and sending it back promptly i have as yet to recieve anything apart from phone calls (sometimes upto 8 times a day) from Credit Solutions. Also letters saying that someone is going to come round and seize my goods.

if they are a hard egg to crack then maybe we need a sledgehammer.

Julie I had to fill in Egg's own request form and pay £10 upfront, then after about 30 days eventually received not only 6 years statements, but all their file comments about me, my original signed application, print of CICS screens etc. A one-inch thick bundle!

Credit Solutions ring my mobile too, but when I spot their London number calling I simply set the call to voicemail. Cr Sol is a debt collector and all such bully boys need to hold a licence from the OFT, being the same regulator as for Egg Card. If you write to the Company Secretary at Cr Sol, with a copy to Egg Card, (and at least the claim of a) copy to the OFT CEO John Fingleton, saying that your case is sub judice, that the reclaim process has started, and that your story with Egg's unlawful activities is being considered for publication by an interested national daily. Such a riposte should cool the frantic exaggerations of their telephone collectors paid at £5 per hour, plus a bonus for every result they obtain. In such letters I often add a sentence:

"Please confirm if you intend to defy your regulator the OFT, and have contempt for the law of England." -- to draw attention to the confrontation, not between Egg and Julie, but Egg and their underlings versus the majesty of the law.

In picking on myself I believe Egg has chosen the wrong opponent. Julie you and I ought to stand together. Best wishes.

Just to clear up this account is held by my oh. Got a phone call from one of those said underlings WHO WANTED ME TO PASS A MESSAGE ON TO MY OH TO CALL THEM. WHEN I REFUSED AND TRIED TO EXPLAIN THERE WAS NO POINT IN ME PASSING ANY TELEPHONE CALLS ON AS WHEN HE DID RING BACK THEY NEVER ANSWERED THEIR PHONE. SECONDLY HE HAD ALREADY WRITTEN A LETTER COMPLAINING OF THEIR HARRASSMENT AND AS SUCH BY MAKING THAT VERY TELEPHONE CALL SHE WAS BREACHING AN ACT. AND THIRDLY BOTH ACCOUNTS THEY HOLD ARE IN DISPUTE AND ONE BREACHES THE 12 WORKING DAYS ETC ON THURSDAY.

BUT I WAS NOT GIVEN ANY CHANCE AS SHE JUST SHOUTED THAT WAS I REFUSING TO PASS ON A MESSAGE. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I WOULDN'T MIND BUT I DO NOT OWE ANYTHING TO CSL OR ANYONE THEY DEAL WITH. SO SHOUTING AT ME WAS NOT GOING TO ACHIEVE ANYTHING APART FROM PUTTING MY BACK UP.

BEGINNING TO WONDER IF CSL EMPLOYEES CAN ACTUALLY READ?

ANY THOUGHTS

JULI99

Yes, I too had my charges and interest refunded some time ago.

I shall be coy about the date, in case Egg works out who is the V-E Day instigator. :D