• Tweets

• Hello, yesterday Barclays Bank put my account under review suddenly just i received a message about that to wait 7 days . I ve been to local branch and they didn't tell me any information saying to me to wait 14 days . The problem is I think they will take longer than they said and I can't wait so much cause I need the money for my own company and to live life daily. This situation its caused me a sever anxiety, I dont know what to do . I can prove that I m a self employed . Can somebody tell me what should I do ?  Some contact numbers or email addresses where can I text about this problem? I m new on this platform and I dont know how to manage this . Thank you
    • Hello yesterday Barclays Bank blocked my account with a substantial amount and I didnt get any reason for this issue why they put my account under review. I m a self employed and all the money blocked are very important to me to open my own company .. Can I get some information about what should I do in this case.  I ve been to the local branch but they didn't give me any information just to wait 14 days and I can t do that .
    • harveys are not the creditor, so them stating you should continue to make payments and you will not receive your payments back is immaterial.   the administrators of harveys are not your target. creation finance are.     these issues should be directed toward creation under p'haps a section 75 claim ....as they are the creditor ...they are equally responsible for the actions or inactions of either harveys or bensons.   we can appreciate you have had the usual run around, we are not indicating you have lied, merely pointing to the fact that you innocently believed what you have been told to date.   go get your moneyback and get the finance agreement cancelled.   dx 
    • you've not moved so until or unless you get a letter of claim via royal mail you ignore them.   as for anything on your credit file it should fall off after 6yrs.   dx    
    • 1st. it is not illegal for you, as the home owner, to open letters addressed to 'others' not resident at your address.   2nd because you did or did not employ the above, ultimately, this has led to a court judgement being handed down. the bailiff company have employed, quite rightly,  the methods that are legally available to them to trace the defendant.   rightly or wrongly they have traced you.   you need to write to the bailiff company concerned briefly explaining the above stating you are not the said person. you also need to write to the judgement court the same. you also need to write to the relevant rail toc    never use the phone.   dx      
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3955 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone advise me of my rights? I have recieved a hand delivered letter this morning saying that the bailiff will be at my house in the morning @ 8.30am with a lock smith i was under the impression that unless i opened the door or left a window open they cannot come in. I did sign a WPO a while ago and did manage to maintain the payments, but that caused me to get behind with my next council tax bill, I feel like i'm on a merrygoround that has no stops any advice would be appreciated.

the walking possession agreement you signed for your previous account has nothing to do with this new debt each liability order is a separate issue

are you still paying this previous debt have you missed any payments

Most councils give there bailiffs written permission to re-enter a property to remove goods phone the council and ask if this is the case here

The bailiffs have added the new bills to the old ones so they are all combined and requesting £175 a month. I am on a low income and my husband has been laid off from work all i wanted them to do was reduce the payments whilst we were struggling. So one is the old bill with the WPO on and the new one has been to court. I'm not sure where i'm up to at the moment.

Hi there

Council's permission for Bailiff to enter a property is about as valid as a permission from my nice Angry Dobemann Doggies (2) . :-x

I've trained my dogs to really bark whenever I say the word Bailiff or DCA. They go Beserk.:p

However you broke rule nr 1 which is NEVER EVER let them in -- as they've got a WPO I don't know what the law is now. However for each liability order its a SEPARATE issue so they can't force their way in for Liability order nr 2 even if they've entered for liability order nr 1.

Cheers

jimbo

Can anyone advise me of my rights? I have recieved a hand delivered letter this morning saying that the bailiff will be at my house in the morning @ 8.30am with a lock smith i was under the impression that unless i opened the door or left a window open they cannot come in. I did sign a WPO a while ago and did manage to maintain the payments, but that caused me to get behind with my next council tax bill, I feel like i'm on a merrygoround that has no stops any advice would be appreciated.

How many Liability Orders do you have and which one are they claiming to be coming to see you? They have given insufficient notice of their arrival so would imagine this is just the general threat & intimidation to try to get you to cough.

Are you on any Benefits and if so which? You state you signed a WPO a while ago do you still have a copy - post the details of the goods - you never know they may have made a mistake.

If they do turn up in the morning refuse to let them in, I'm sure they need a Magistrates Order to do this, hopefully someone will qualify this.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi scorpio, as Ploddertom said, what is the benefits situation in your household? I notice you say your husband is laid off and you are on a low income. I would suggest £175 a month is far too high under the circumstances.

You may fall under the category of vulnerable as laid down in the National Standards for Enforcement Agents. If so there is a possibility of getting your case put back to the council and a workable, sustainable, AFFORDABLE payment plan put into place.

Best wishes.

Rae.

PT, I concur, I'm sure I've read on here they need to go back to the court regarding a locksmith. Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
addendum.

I think you need to go back to the beginning with this to try and establish if you have been charged the correct Council Tax.

You need to ask the Council for how much each Liability Order is for, what period they cover and how much is still outstanding. From this you should be able to establish if the totals listed take any account of any Benefits you used to receive.

The standard reply from the Council is that you will have to deal with the Bailiff now, this comes from those on the desk or who answer the phone. If however you have good reason as to why they should take it back - telling them about Bailiff charges is not reason - you should ask to speak to one of the higher ups.

You can of course start to pay the Council direct either online or automated phone but please remember that as the Bailiffs fees are deducted first you would have to add them to your Liabilty totals.

If you believe that the Bailiff has overcharged you then you should ask the Company for a statement of your account. You also need to post details of what goods they have levied on previously as they may have included exempt goods. They also cannot rely on that levy for a 2nd order but would need a fresh levy.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not on benifits (i was when i got into trouble) has any one got any advice on how i get the council to take the debt back.

I know, scorpio, you said in an earlier post you were on a low income. However, the point I made was that the National Standards applies to the household and you stated your husband was laid off. Hence my question. I also deliberately highlighted 'may' as your case would not be strong. BUT any avenue of help is worth exploring and this might be one more little thing you can add to other routes such as your councillor etc.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
tie poo

thanks for all the advice i have been given. I went see a CAB adviser and together with the advice i printed off here to show her the council have agreed to take the debt back and I now have an appointment to go and see them to discuss payments. I still have to pay all charges that the bailiffs have added on but I am happy just to have them off my back.

So again thankyou all for taking the time to help me.

Scorpio that is excellent news, well done!

Do make sure - I'm sure you will anyway - that you take proof of income / expenditure so you can come up with a realistic plan.

Let us know how you got on.

Rae.