style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

My mum got a claim through last week from Weightmans regarding a MBNA credit card which was opened in 2002 :( the claim they have made is for £3546.

They have made the claim at the northampton bulk center :rolleyes:. I have been online and filed a acknowledgement so that give her 14 days more in which to find a few things out.

The question i have is it possible to get this transferred to her Local court as Northampton is 3 hours or so away :(

Last April i got a letter of here for her to send to them regarding this money, it was the one asking them to prove liability but they never send responded, so she sent them another 3 weeks later and again they didnt respond and untill last week she hasn't ever heard anything else from them :( (all letter were sent recorded and signed for) :D

To date as i can see she has had no default notice, no Termination notice, No notice of assignment, No LBA,

Today i will send them the CPR 18 letter and see what info they have. Can anyone think of anything else i need to ask them.

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK:)

The Northampton CCBC is a call centre/administration office. There is no court located there. To confuse matters slightly there is a Northampton County Court (which is a court) at a different address.

If you've filed a defence online then your case should be transferred to your local court automatically.

Incidentally, when did your mum last make a payment? Is it possible that the debt is statute-barred?

You say that your mum sent letters which weren't answered. Were these sent to MBNA or to a DCA? There are several DCAs who act for MBNA - Equidebt, Arrow Global etc.

Were these letters actually signed for? - check royal mail's website.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi,

so far i have filed a acknowledgement for her this morning, i have not put a defence in as yet, want to ask some questions on here first :)

I would have to check the last payment but i think sometime in 2005/2006 but not sure.

The letters were sent to Weightmans and they never responded and the letters were signed for :D

Looking on the court papers they are the solicitors for Equidebt but she has no idea who they are :(

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK:)