Do I have to inform creditors of change of address???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I moved house last month and have redirected my mail for 3 months to give me a chance to get around to writing all the letters. It has occurred to me that some of my creditors have been quiet for a very long time, and I am concerned that if I write to them to inform them of my change of address they may start hounding me for more money after realising my payments haven't been reviewed for so long.

Do I have to change my address......could I just continue to have the mail redirected?

All help/opinions gratefully received!

Thanks!

J.

If you change address with the deliberate intent of evading your debts then you could find yourself in diffs.

Of course if you ''genuinely'' forget to inform them then thats a differeent matter.

You could of course post them a letter giving your new address. If the letter happens to get lost in the post then thats unfortunate

The down side is that they can start off a County Court claim against your old address as that was your last known residence as far as they're concerned - and as you will know nothing about it, it will be undefended and they will get it by default.

Then, mysteriously, they'll find you!

So you need to give it some serious consideration IMO.

M

Edited by MandM
typo - got 8 thumbs

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

May be worth checking on limitations as well, sure I read somewhere that you have no protection if they can show any intent on your part. How they'd prove it I don't know :rolleyes:

Guessing they'll be fishing for you within a couple of years anyway on the electoral role and of course every DCA's favourite....... 192.com :D

I'd say it's in your own interest to tell them. There are several negative points to not telling them, the worst being that you get a CCJ without being able to defend it. If you ever get to court and it transpires that you done a moonlight flit that won't look good will it. Better the devil you know.

I'd say it's in your own interest to tell them. There are several negative points to not telling them, the worst being that you get a CCJ without being able to defend it. If you ever get to court and it transpires that you done a moonlight flit that won't look good will it. Better the devil you know.

I've got a similar problem.

There are a couple of DCAs' who have disputed accounts ie they have never been able to supply a copy of my CCA.

Because of this, they haven't been paid anything for over 2 years.

However, they've been sending me statements twice a year for the past couple of years, and it has crossed my mind that if they send the statements to my old address and they are returned to the DCAs' by the current occupier, perhaps they then would be so evil as to take legal action against me (without my immediate knowledge) using my old address!!

On the other hand, if I write to them now advising them of my changed address, will that be taken as some sort of admission that the debt is indeed mine?

HT

They don't take any notice of the letters you normally send them! So send them change of address by recorded delivery, but accidentally forget to put the letter in! Then if they get a ccj against your old address & then find you, you can then apply for this to be set a side as you have proof of posting for the change of address.

We need to be as devious as the DCA'S.