Attempt to clear credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Firstly thank you, I have visited this site many times to seek information and people's advice to each other has been very useful.

My issue, I currently have credit card debts at £2700, which is not a huge amount but I want to transfer this to a loan so I can pay it all off a lot quicker than if I stick with the credit card companies (Capital One, Vanquis, Aqua), plus it seems almost impossible to clear Vanquis and I don't want them to have anymore of my money. As you can see I have a poor credit file due to previous mistakes with money.

I am not interested in debt management as I don't want any more defaults, after this year I will be clear of defaults which has had the biggest impact on my credit file.

I have been looking through poor credit loan companies and so far most spend most of they're time trying to rip you off.

Is there a poor credit, private tenant loan provider out there who will provide me with a loan at no charge?

Thanks

K

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on wanting to clear your debts. Wouldn't think anyone would lend to you for no charge even without the defaults.

Just keep paying what you can afford. I know you are supposed to treat your creditors fairly, but maybe you should pay the higher APR ones first as once those are out of the way you will be paying less interest and have more to pay on the easier ones.