Power2Contact Debt, Need some advice.

oddmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All!

I just need some advice really, I got this debt letter from Power2Contact and they said they are going to come down and collect what ever, it's only for 60 pounds and its for BT but at the moment I cant afford it due to other bills gettings in the way this week but I can pay it next week, I have 72 hours to pay them otherwise they will be down, the question is will they come down to collect what ever to pay the debt off?

Thank you

Hi,

Please don't worry about them, They have absolutely no power to do anything, let alone take any goods to pay a debt or demand payment on your doorstep. Here is a letter to send them:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

You will have to edit it to suit but keep a copy by the door just in case they actually turn up. If they do, don't even speak to them (apart from asking what they want) and hand them the letter then close the door.

If you want to negotiate with them, do it in writing and certainly not on the phone.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Oddmaker,

They knocked my door twice in 2 days, OH stated I wasn't in (I was at work), although I wasn't for the 2nd call as it was 8.05 a.m.! They left a card for me to contact Debitas (related to Capital 1) that was it.

I did send the template letter on here about 10 days before the call but don't worry they don't know you, so if someone does knock the door just say he/she is not in!

Or just don't answer the door, unless it is someone you know. :)

Hi Oddmaker,

They knocked my door twice in 2 days, OH stated I wasn't in (I was at work), although I wasn't for the 2nd call as it was 8.05 a.m.! They left a card for me to contact Debitas (related to Capital 1) that was it.

I did send the template letter on here about 10 days before the call but don't worry they don't know you, so if someone does knock the door just say he/she is not in!

Or just don't answer the door, unless it is someone you know. :)

anyone calls at your house give them the door step letter,if they refuse to leave call local plod " not 999" and tell them you have a stranger at your door demanding money with menaces likely to cause a breach of the peace,job done.:D

anyone calls at your house give them the door step letter,if they refuse to leave call local plod " not 999" and tell them you have a stranger at your door demanding money with menaces likely to cause a breach of the peace,job done.:D

No, incorrect, if someone knocks your door and refuses to leave when asked to do so, then call the Police 'using' 999, report that you have a trespasser, and have asked them to leave but they have failed to do so and you believe their is going to be a breach of the peace, this also applies if they simply sit outside your property in their car watching your house.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!