series3 v MBNA/Optima

Series3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck for today Series3

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back...

I will put a report from today up later.....I have to be elsewhere now.

TIP...

Whatever you do...when talking to their sols before going in to the Judge..DO NOT shove a table at them in anger and DO NOT punch them.

back later

series3

If my advice helped you please click my star

Just back...

TIP...

Whatever you do...when talking to their sols before going in to the Judge..DO NOT shove a table at them in anger and DO NOT punch them.

back later

series3

Aggghh, you didnt ???

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just back...

TIP...

back later

series3

OMG! I so wanted to do that...

C'mon, what happened! On t'edge of my seat, here... :)

Just back...

TIP...

back later

series3

OMG that is a joke right?

Suspense is killing me

Really Sounds like Tabeling a Motion?

Wonder what was said by solicitor under their breath/out loud? could have a competition whilst awaiting what happened, pity I have to go out for a while?? for a start - Sugar?

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Regarding the Amex case they should not be relying upon a judgement being appealed.

Always argue hearsay where the person makes a statement they could not possibly have been witnessed to.

"" The claimant avers that CPR PD 17 paragraph 7.3 only requires the original agreement to be produced where it is reasonable to do so. It is not reasonable to require the Claimant to keep original agreements from 2001 due to the sheer volume of paperwork that would be required."

You need this:

Sounds like you are on the ball with the other things.

wrong post sorry

Did someone get a punch?

Of course not…lol…what sort of man do you think I am.

Here goes.

I arrived at court with an hour to spare. I took the time I had sitting in the car and had a read through the Amex v Brandon judgement. Half an hour to go. I lit a fag and wandered over to the court house. I have to say that I was very nervous at first.

Went to the waiting room, sat down and started flicking through some notes I printed out.

The claimants rep asked if I was series3 and we shook hands.

It was a young lady, she asked that we go and have a chat, I told her I didn’t want to but would listen to what she had to say.

She didn’t say too much really, just telling me what was going to happen and how she would be reading from the statement made by optima. Also that she didn’t work for MBNA.

After just 5 mins or so the usher came in and said the DJ was ready for us. I was still a little nervous at this point but I was already in the room.

We were introduced and I was asked to sit. He then started by telling her..”before we start I would like to say I have read the supplement statement and in it Mr Optima has asked that the defendants WS be inadmissible as it was late, (posted on the 13th) and only allowed them 4-5 days. I would like to say, it is admissible.” He then asked me about the supplement WS and the WS of Dianne powell, had I read them, I said I had and he asked if I would like an adjournment and needed more time.

I told him that I understood them and as mine was late to them (although I did e-mail them a copy)I was happy with them being allowed.

The nerves seemed to go, I felt totally relaxed. I now knew I hadn’t got a “bad” DJ. Quite the opposite.

He asked her to open.

She started reading from the WS and he was interrupting her, asking her to point out things on the agreement, then questioning her, asking her if she thought it would be better to deal with this at a trial. She was referring to the first WS, then the second WS with a bit from the other WS from powell.

Again he interrupted her, asking her what WS she was reading from.

By this time, I had papers and WS’s all over the place trying to keep up with her. Pen still in hand to make notes but didn’t get a chance to.

After another few paragraphs of the WS he finally stopped her and said. “You have asked for a half hour in court to have me make a decision. I have a pile of papers two inches thick that need to be looked at, you have two WS from mr optima and another from powell. Series 3 has another WS that we have to go through. There is no way we are going to reach a decision in that time.” I will adjourn until I am back at this court, now I have started to hear the application and will let you know when that will be, I have no idea as yet….

He asked me if that was ok and I agreed we had a lot to go through, she asked for wasted costs in case of an adjournment and he sort of smiled and she was told they would be sorted out next time.

He then asked me about costs and I told him I had faxed them yesterday to optima..he asked if the court had a copy, I said no but I have a copy here if you would like it. He declined and told me make sure a copy is also sent to court.

We said our thank you to the DJ and I dragged all my paperwork together bundled it into a folder and left the court room.

Again I and the opposition went into a side room, she asked if I knew what was meant by the DJ. I said that I had understood but was frustrated that I hadn’t been able to say anything. I told her I wanted to interrupt but bit my tongue. She did say that I would have a turn. We shook hands and she said she might see me next time or it may be another sol.

Apart from me getting a coffee (mouth was really dry) on the way out from the court café that’s about it.

I really can’t wait to go back and have my say. I was not looking forward to this experience at all. Bring it on MBNA.

I also now have time to read up and get more organised with my papers, ask more questions here and discuss the main points.

I would like to say thanks for the help so far and stay with me on this for a while longer.

I’m looking forwards to donating my costs here if/when awarded…that’s confidence for you huh?

Series 3.

Edited by Series3
revised version.

series3,

I think you can regard today as a win for you. Maybe not the battle but at least today's round. More importantly, you have had the experience of sitting before the judge in court. That is invaluable as firms like MBNA bank on defendants being so scarred at being in court that they don't explain themselves properly. You will be great at the next hearing.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

The good news here is that the Solicitor will report back to them that you are a very willing and able litigant - this is some times enough to force a settlement attempt.

If not, you know what to expect next time.

Did you say that the Judge reserved the file for themselves? If so, you're on to a winner, there, as they seem like a very 'Good' Judge - and there are some really, really 'bad' Judges out there! :)

yes, he will have to find 3 hours the next time he gets to my court. As he had already began to hear it, it would want to carry on. He did ask her alot of questions about what she was saying from the WS and also pointed some things out in the "white book" to her.

Sounds like you had a good Judge. More importantly you had a test run and did yourself proud. As Car says, it is good news that the Judge has reserved the file at least you will feel comfortable with a familiar face.

Well done.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from a camping trip..had a blast.

thought I would have heard something from the court or even Optima but nothing yet.

How long does it take?.

• 3 weeks later...