Fraud Act 2006 and offences prior to 2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm in dispute with the All & Leic at present over falsifiied signatures on a loan agreement from Nov 2005.

I thought i may be able to use the Fraud Act 2006 for a civil claim but ive just discovered that the law isn't retrospective ie it can't be used for offences committed prior to 1 Jan 2007 which means i have to find some other avenue to bring a civil claim if it comes to that.

Any ideas?

I know the signatures are false. Moreover someone as signed the PPI box to, IMO, procure the commission on the policy. YOu would assume both signatures would be the same ie both mine, but both signatures are totally different. It is a clear case of misrepresentation

Theft Act 1968?

Misrepresentation Act?

any thoughts and case law

obliged

Fraud has been a crime for a very long time. I haven't checked but perhaps there was a previous Fraud Act which was superseded by the 2006 version.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

the only way you would be able to sustain a civil claim for "fraud" is by first obtaining a conviction against the perpetrator

who are you alleging signed the documents and what proof (other than what you see) do you have?

i have to say from the outset that IMO you are onto a 9,999 to 1 loser

much better to wait for the creditor to make a claim against you- using the alleged forged signature and then put them to strict proof that the signature is yours

you will then need to employ the services of a handwriting expert

In this way you do not have to prove "who dunnit" but simply show that YOU didnt sign it!