***orange are a bunch of idiots***

ladytg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am just looking for some advice really, I really want a contract phone (well a blackberry as my friend keeps asking me to get 1), anyways I decided to try and get the Blackberry Curve 8900 on contract through orange. I kept recieving emails from dialaphone to state that my order has been delayed and they even left me two voicemail messages asking me to contact them. I called dialaphone on wednesday (i think the agents name was gemma very very harsh and abrupt and she stated that I need to get in contact with orange as there is some "further information" that I need to provide. I called orange on the mobile number she gave me and I spoke to I think it was somebody called John (indian call centre worker) he said he couldn't find my details and I need to get back in contact with dialaphone to obtain a "tempoary mobile number" - so I called back dialaphone again spoke to somebody else who said that the reason why there is a delay with my order is because orange are saying that there is a discrepancy with an outstanding balance thats why the order isn't going through. Can I just point out I have never been on pay monthly with orange I've only been on a contract twice with 2 different network providers each time I kept saying to the agent I don't have a pay monthly phone he was basically saying "you need to get in contact with orange blah blah" so he said just check your emails". I checked my emails and they basically declined my application but how can I owe orange money when I've never been on pay monthly with them, I have a pay as you go phone that I use quite frequently always top up and hardly ever use my reserve tank so how can there be a discrepancy. I really don't get it? I've emailed orange a formal complaint because I'm not happy.

Could someone just tell me if this is right?

Your help is kindly appreciative

Lady T x

Hi,

I've only been on a contract twice with 2 different network providers

Lady T x

Hi and Welcomre to CAG.

Could it be that there is an outstanding balance with either of the previous contracts? If so they may have entered a Default on your CF.

Might be worth checking your CF just in case.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

No I paid them both off so I don't understand I've checked my CF and it shows that they have both been settled. It's stupid really they were saying at dialaphone that I have an outstanding balance with an orange mobile account in my name. Like I've previously stated I've never had a contract phone with orange, don't owe them any money i've always been on PAYG with them. :( it's sad really.

very sad and very strange. Maybe orange have cocked up your details with someone elses.

Maybe you need to write to Orange asking for an explanation or maybe try one of the other providers you used to be with.

If Orange dont play ball releasing information you could consider an SAR, but that will cost, try the phone and letter route first.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

I hate talking to call centre agents there so rude, unprofessional and very very unhelpful. A lot of call centre staff seem to have very bad telephony manners lol. I'll just stick to writing to them. Thanks for your help Boswell. I may discontinue to use orange if this doesn't get sorted :D I shall keep you posted. :)

This is what they put in the email on wednesday I've mangaged to retrieve them: Dear Miss *****,Customer Reference: ******Thank you for placing your order with Dial-a-Phone. We regret to inform you that your contract/Pre Pay order has been unsuccessful on this occasion; this may be due to one of the following reasons:

1) Your card company were unable to verify and authorise your details - My account is a current account therefore I would have a debit card that is linked to my account, I for one have learnt my lesson with credit cards. The last time I checked my bank I had a credit balance on :S2) If you are a pre pay customer, then you may have reached your maximum allowance - Incorrect I have never had a prepay contract with orange and quite frankly speaking I don't want one now if they offered me one. 3) Upon processing your order we require further details. We have attempted to contact you but unfortunately we have been unable to speak with you and your order has been cancelled. - Called twice that day so that is just a poor excuse lol We are unable to confirm the exact reasons for why your card issuer is unable to verify your details. We recommend that you contact your card company directly to obtain further information.

If you have any questions relating to your order, please refer to our My Account Section on the website; this can be found on the top of the website or by copying the link listed below and pasting it into your Internet browser.

[EDIT]

Alternatively, please contact the Sales Support team on 08444 815 869

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Team

Edited by Rooster-UK
Unauthorised link removed.

Hi Ladytg,

The Orange credit referals team (the ones who actually deal with passing and declining applications when the system picks something up) are the ones who need to be contacted (You can only write to them as they aren't a customer facing dept. or get a CSR to speak to them).

Credit Referral Department Orange PCS Limited

Senhouse Road

Darlington

Co Durham

DL1 4YQ

It could be someone at your address or in your street who has an outstanding balance owed to orange, and when your details have went through Oranges connections system 'Enable' its picked up someone elses informations and assumed it was yours.

Have you ACTUALLY used a Blackberry before? Just because a friend recommends you get one is not an ideal way to enter into a legally binding arrangement for a handset you may find totally unusuable for your purposes, and then it is too late to do anything.

If you MUST get that phone, pop your SIM into theirs for a week (swapping phones) and see if you like it. If you don;t and you don;t like it, it's not gpong to be possible to hand it back becahse you have had a change of mind.

Given a choice, always use DSR as you've greater protection. But I'm famous for my opinion that NOTHING is worth taking out a mobile contract for.... use a PAYG SIM, and buy your phone secondhand 'as new'. There's no lock-in and any CRA risk attached!

Given a choice, always use DSR as you've greater protection. But I'm famous for my opinion that NOTHING is worth taking out a mobile contract for.... use a PAYG SIM, and buy your phone secondhand 'as new'. There's no lock-in and any CRA risk attached!

I agree buzby, that is going to be my preferred choice, the Asda deal sounds good @ 8p a minute, what do you think?

I got a mobile contract for my daughter on 02 8 years ago when she went to Uni, she has done 2 degrees since and i have paid her phone bill throughout both , she is now married and proffesional in the Medical field, if you get my drift (proud dad) and has taken over the payments of the phone. Thank god.

When i asked 02 if i could transfer the Account to my daughter they said yes just change the billing address which i thought was fine, which i did.

Her address now shows on my CF as a linked address.

For UK calls, I don;t think anyone comes close to ASDA and their 8p/p tariff, excellent customer service (call centre) remembering that as they use Vodafone's network - you'll need to ensure that coverage on that network is good for you.

The only place where ASDAs tariff falls down is with those who have phones that make extensivd use of data, as the cost per Mb is not as good, and there are no 'free' overheads (like MSN, Facebook, Skype) that 3UK would provide.

Your O2 transfer still means that you remain responsible for the contract (not that it was transferred to her) so unless she makes full use of the provided inclusive minutes each and every moth, she might be best advised to follow your example! :)

Hiya,

Sorry I've not applied to the post I've just had a lot going on. That email address someone has tried to contact me regarding the Orange issue, I need to contact them again today so I will let you know what has happened. Bubzy in terms of "have I used a blackberry before?" yes I have I quite like the phone and I find them relatively easy to use. Modern technology is not a problem with me after all I am a kid of the 80's ;)