bob vs Barclays

basic240
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I have just started action to receive unfair charges from my bank.

This weekend I received back all my statements from the last six years using your S.A.R template which helped loads thanks. Happily they never charged me for sending a pile of paper through the post (first time ever:mad: )

Having calulated my charges and overdraft interest and got my prelim letter ready is there anything else i have to do before posting this off?

Just to clarify though, I am at this stage only drawing their attention to the penalties charges and the interest on penalties which have been calculated by your spreadsheet, is that right? I want to make sure I am following the procedures correctly.

Thanks for your time and for the use of template library, it was really useful and informative.

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi

You only add the 8% interest when you are at the mcol stage

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

Hi there

After sending off the prelim letter on 21 August I have today received a letter from Barclays saying they are investigating my complaint (enclosing a "How to complain leaflet"!!) and that they will respond to me by 19 September (14 days over the deadline for the next stage).

I can only think that this is a standard letter and that I will stick to my timetable as suggested in responses to other threads I have read?

Thanks again

Bob

Hi Bob,

I hope everything goes smoothly with your claim, i am at the very first stage about to send off my data protection letter. I am with Barclays too but i am not sure which address to send my letter to. Could you please help me?

Thanks Sab

Hi Bob,

I hope everything goes smoothly with your claim, i am at the very first stage about to send off my data protection letter. I am with Barclays too but i am not sure which address to send my letter to. Could you please help me?

Thanks Sab

I sent mine to-

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Good luck :oops:

:pNikki:p

22/8/06 Subject Access Request sent to Barclays

21/9/06 Statements here.

22/9/06 Sent request for repayment of charges. £2,380 :-o

19/10/06 LBA sent

19/10/06 Barclays send offer, Nikki sends thanks but no thanks letter

FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!! -::::::::::::::::::: Read these, they really do help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

Just had a letter back from Barclays offering me £1000 which is not even a dip in the ocean of what they owe me!

Next stage is the MCOL stage just need to know do I claim the 8% back at this stage?

Do I also accept Barclays offer of £1000 in part payment or do I decline and send them the claim which I am insigating today? Also What do i put in my particulars of claim had a browse arounf this site but still confused on exactly what i have to put down?

Thanks again everyone for your continued support need it more than ever now I am at this stage

Yes. You now add the 8% to your claim. Go to the templates section for the letter accepting their offer but adding that you will be going for the rest via the courts.

My particulars of claim with MCOL are:

"The Claimant had a contract with the Defendant Your account number here from Approximate date account opened which was conducted on their standard terms and conditions. The Claimant claims the return of £ amount before adding % age levied by the defendant in the way of charges. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999, Para 8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The defendant has been asked to justify the charges but they have declined to do so. The Claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from Date of the first of their charges against you to Date of the last charge of £ place the 8% figure here and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of multiply your amount before interest by 0.0002 and put here (Mine is £0.45).

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Its been a while since my last post on here, things have been progressing very slowly. been through mcol and now i have my claim at my local court filled outh the n149 AQ, payed my £100 now getting very nervous which should i expect next

Hi. take a look towards the end of my thread (see the link below). You are running fairly close to me so pick up the tail end part of it. I have listed everything that I have done so far.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman