£654 bank charges advice please!!!

DUCKEGG_LOU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm wondering if anyone cna advise me on the following:

This matter is entriely my fault, i was guaranteed a payment of £1000 into my bank account in lieu of some consutlancy work i did - this money did'nt get paid in when it was guaranteed and unfortunately i was very trusting as i was away from home i didn;t have asy access to internet so didn't check my balance fro 2 weeks which is very unlike me (Lesson learnt dont worry!).

Because of this my account was a mess and in total for the last month i was hcarged £654 by my bank :eek: they didn't contact me in writing or anything and im in a complete financial mess now as virtually none of my esential household bills have left my account.

Any advice on what i can do would be so gratefully received - im £6 short of my rent and they have refused to extend my overdraft by this account to ensure it goes out of my account which will of course incur further charges :? !

First thing first - read the FAQ section - it's big, but worth it.

Then start a thread in the specific bank section e.g. Barclays outlining what happened.

If you follow the step-by-step guide in the FAQ section, you will get your money back.

It doesn't help with your immediate problem, but it sure is satisfying when you get your money back with interest.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thanks I'm in shocki i really can't belive this amount of charges for one month - ive just read another thread on hear is it right that i cna claim for 6 years from the time i realised the fees were unlawful?

I'll go and read the FAQ section as well - do you know if there are any templates or details of what you should put in a standard letter to the bank to address this??

Thank-you again :)