• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

RBS + SAR + Apex DCA = Trouble

rainbow moon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt to Rbs made up of consecutive loan agreements, I sent off a SAR some months ago now and I am still receiving info through from them. I have had nine different parcels of stuff from them so far.

My problem is that I keep getting letters from a dca called Apex who are supposedly handling this account. I have ignored the first letter as I was waiting for all the sar stuff to come through, are they still allowed to send threatening letters while this request is going on or is there a nice letter I can send back to them?

I have no idea if RBS have sent everything to me now as it is all in bits - it will take me ages to look through it all.

Thanks for any replies. Rainbow x

are they still allowed to send threatening letters while this request is going on or is there a nice letter I can send back to them?

'fraid so :(

Normally they will send a barrage of threatening letters before they take any action, although there are a few cases where they will take action quickly.

Once you find the important info out, post what's going on and we'll be able to help and advise you what your options are.

You could always write to them asking to make 6 months of token payments, if that is all you can afford. Offer them £1 a month and send them an income and expenditure sheet. That should get you some breathing space.

Did you send a CCA request as well or just a SAR?

Advantage of the CCA request is that you can pretty quickly assess the situation with regard to the enforceability of an alleged debt and if they don't comply they cannot get a judgement against you.

hth

gh

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Send the lowlife a letter stating you are waiting for RBS to finish complying with your SAR request. Make sure you send it RD. They will have to contact RBS to check if you have received all the info you required. Make sure you tell them you want everything in writing only. When they reply back have a letter ready to send to say you have to check all the details supplied by RBS before you are prepared to enter into any communication with them and that it all must be in writing ensure you leave space to put their ref no. in and the date of the letter you are responding to (that is if you hear anything back from them.)

If you dont get a copy of your CCA in with your SAR then its worth sending a request to RBS make sure you put in the letter that you want a true copy of your signed agreement.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thank you both for your replies, I have just started trawling though all the paperwork - it is really daunting with the amount they have sent. A few things have started to crop up, no loan agreements before 2005 have been sent yet I know they were some. I also remember going to the bank to refinance one loan where the cashier pointed out that on the loan to be financed, they had charged me ppi which was useless to me - I cannot find out if or which loan this was charged as a few of the agreements sent do not have details of how the loans are made up.

I have had a letter from RBS stating that they have no paperwork for at least one agreement. They have also sent me a letter stating they do not have to send me some information as it contravenes the data protection act. Funnily enough they didn't think that was of any concern when they included my daughters current account details in with mine - I have kept the letter ;).

I did a cca request which was returned to me as they refused to send the info our due to me not putting my signature on it - they had exactly the same signature on the sar letter and have accepted it for this. I have no agreement through yet though.

Apex were chasing for both the loan and overdrawn account although now they only seem to be interested in the loan account now.

I have put on the first couple of loan agreements they have sent me below and would really appreciate your comments on them, a few of the others I have yet to upload are bank copies - not sure if that makes a difference?

Thanks again, Rainbow x

29zsls3.jpg

23hrhtv.jpg

2gwxt7s.jpg

2nk2e12.jpg

Just another quick question - does anyone know how far back I can go in asking for the loan agreements? I know I had loans as far back as 1998, so far they have only sent me one from 2005, the rest are more recent.

Thanks for any replies Rainbow x

Does anyone have any views on the agreements?

Hi Rainbow

I'm afraid they look enforceable to me :(

There could be issues with the figures - happy to check them if you want to PM them or post them separately on the APR thread that's running - I can dig the link out if you can't find it

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.