style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I hope you can help?......I purchased a Phillips Ambilight LCD TV from Brighthouse. I have both the imposed insurance policies and have never made a late payment.

Some 8 weeks into my agreement I had a lightbulb spontaniously explode causing shards of glass to fly from the light fixture one of which has scratched the screen on my TV.

I telephoned my local store and they promptly collected the TV and took it for repair for a duration of approx 6 weeks ....during this time I was given a 'loaner' replacement set which was considerably smaller and of inferior quality to my TV.

Despite this I continued to make prompt payment throughout this period until my TV was returned.

Opon it's return I noticed the scratch was still there and that there had been no attempt at repair......nonplussed I telephoned my store ..spoke to the manager and was curtly informed ..'we do not cover accidental damage. You can return the set but you will lose everything you have payed to date'.

Can you please advise how the extortionate premiums hide behind title's like 'Damage liability Cover' ...yet refuse to do just as they state?........Can anyone advise me where I stand as I have now payed almost a third of the total price for a damaged TV .

Hello and Welcome, Nickod.

I've moved your post to start a new thread.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Nickod

I would certainly dispute this. Accidental damage (in my opinion) means damage caused by YOURSELF accidentally... which, as your totally pointless and extremely overpriced DLC policy, does NOT cover.

However, the situation (as you describe it) has resulted from a fault with the TV (a potentially dangerous fault, too) and NOT from accidental damage.

If I were you I would take this up (in writing) with head office and give them an opportunity to put matters right - either repair the damage caused by the fault, or to replace the TV.

BrightHouse Customer Service Dept have been known to "go the extra mile" and do, sometimes, provide excellent examples of customer care... (but, in general, store managers don't - so don't waste your breath with them.)

Please keep us posted as to how this develops. Get back to us if you need any further help.

Cheers

Lefty

Oh - and get those "imposed" insurance policies removed. Total waste of money! (but you already know that, don't you!) ;)

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)