Multiple Parking Tickets. Newlyn.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I work for a National Health Trust. A few years back they introduced parking charges on the hospitals grounds. I recieved a ticket for non-payment of a charge but because I felt (on this occassion) that it was not justified, I appealed. The Hospital refused my appeal and because I wished to take things further I refused to pay. Nothing happened and still hasn't.

Over the last year or so I have recieved a number of further tickets for parking infringements on the hospital grounds. Given my previous experience I have (perhaps foolishly) ignored them. I have today recieved numerous letters all dated 22/01/2010 from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of the hospital (Newlyn). Some of these demands for money date back to parking infringements in December 2008. No further demands or communications had been made by the hospital since the initial issue of tickets.

If the hospital had persued action over the initial parking infringements I would have changed my parking habits.

Is it fair and legal for parking infringements to occur and potential fines to accrue for this period of time before taking action.

Your help and advice is appreciated.