Graham White Solicitors - How do i get them to stop phoning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

These people keep leaving messages on my phone for me to call them back regarding a ticket i got from Central Ticketing a good while back. I have been ignoring all letters like i was told on this forum. Will they ever stop calling, should i phone them back? I presume this wont get taken futher... ie me going to court will it?

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the web page for BT customers on how to deal with malicious calls:

How can I stop or prevent malicious calls? | Help | BT.com

Choose to refuse is here - costs £11.25 a quarter (ex. vat)

The other thing to use is Caller ID. A lot of new phones now have this function built in. BT used to offer a battery powered LCD display that showed the incoming number (you may be able to find on e-bay). The service is usually free providing you make outgoing calls.

One thing to try is ask them who they want to speak to, say I'll just get them for you, and then go back to what you were doing leaving the phone off the hook. It does tie up your phone line, but they will get the message eventually, and all the while they'll be racking up call charges. :-D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say hold on a second, place phone on work top and get everyone in the room to blow raspberries on their arms whilst giggling!

That what I do to surveys! Wife asked if they were still on the line but I didnt look, just left them listening to what ever program was on telly!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Ive have an ongoing parking fine problem with these guys for over a year now. It originated from Cental Ticketing issuing me with a £60 fine which i have ignored following advice on these forums. I am getting phone calls weekly now from White Solicitors, any advice on how i can get them to stop? Something i can say to them over the phone? The letters have stopped just not the phone calls.

Thanks for any advice.

Hello,

Ive had an ongoing ticket problem for over a year now, it originated from Central Ticketing issuing me with a £30 parking fine which i ignored from advice on these forums. The letters from the solicitors have stopped but i am constantly getting phoned. How do i get them to stop? Any advice on what i could maybe say to them?

Thanks

Start wasting there time by asking them to hold and walk away from the phone. Leave them hanging. They will get the message eventually.

The invoice is still unenforcable.

Alternatively you could send the 'telephone harasment' letter but the trouble with that is they may well think you care and start the letters again.

Personally I would unlease time wasting on them. It has worked for many companies from my point of view. No one calls me anymore :-(

thanks mate,

so you would advise to just keep ignoring their calls? I dont fancy sending the letter as like you say i might get the letters again. They have been calling for months, i cant see them ever giving up!!

tell them to take you to court or shut up.

they won't & they will!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

baldy, I have merged 3 threads which appear to be on the same subject. Please stick to one thread. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A friend of mine go so fed up with Barclaycard harrassing him, that he found their source number and redirected Barclaycard's calls back that number.

I know the story to be true because when I phoned him, a message from Barclaycard asked for my account details.

When they call start with "Please hold on while I start the recording equipment" . . short pause . . " Recording of this call for personal record use is now taking place place. Who is calling ?". Odds are you will just get a click before you get to the end of this. If they carry on just ask them questions and give them no information whatsoever. Or do the "Please hold" and walk away from the phone. Simples.

thanks mate,

so you would advise to just keep ignoring their calls? I dont fancy sending the letter as like you say i might get the letters again. They have been calling for months, i cant see them ever giving up!!

Answer the call and start to waste there time. Time is money and they wont want to waste it. If you keep on ignoring they will just keep trying. You need to send them a message.

Do not be afraid of them, nothing will come of it. They are just monkeys on the end of a line.