Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I emailed them mentioning the account is under dispute and they have no given right to be contacting me demanding payment.

Will see if they reply with anything.

unless they have that DOA they should not even write..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All! I'm in the same boat with the Advent / Barcalys loan. I have recieved a phone call today telling me I am due to pay £250 odd quid. And I have already gone past my first payment date. I don't have £250 a month to pay this off, the smallest I could do would be £20.00 per time. Barcalys advised me if I can't afford what they are asking each month, (£75.00) then I should call the Citizens advice and see if they can get it lower for me. I am on Job-Seekers allowance I explained to them it's not much what I get. Ps. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas despite all of the Barclays - Advent nonsense.

Edited by Rescue23

Had an e-mail response from resolve call...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I have updated the account with this information and returned this to our Client.

Regards

resolvecall

resolvecall limited

3rd Floor

Spectrum House

55 Blythswood Street

Glasgow

G2 7AT

Had an e-mail response from resolve call...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I have updated the account with this information and returned this to our Client.

Regards

resolvecall

resolvecall limited

3rd Floor

Spectrum House

55 Blythswood Street

Glasgow

G2 7AT

I think you will find all the DCA's BPF use are now aware of this situation and do not want to get involved.

The best thing to do when these DCA's contact you - is not to ignore them, but let them know your situation, and the above will usually happen. One thing BPF should do, is face up to all this nonsense and deal with it, and stop hiding behind DCA's.After all its only business and part of life. Or are they scared of something?

Merry Xmas all.

Edited by lowdown

Hi Fuzz

Please feel free to put my name on letter to whoever will benefit from one!

PS I hope that is a different Aaron who's joined the action group. I'd really prefer to think he won, and signed an agreement to keep quiet.

All i'm trying to suggest is that we have a fixed date now (6 months) and this can be settled it's not a lot of money especially if we win!

Finally found A4rons last post after an hour of looking, this was posted in July so maybe the court date is early next year?

Hi everyone.

I stopped paying this month as my correspondence with BPF had finally seemed to stall and they were basically just ignoring me. So this week the phonecalls started and I just now got off the phone to a lady in customer relations after having an intensely frustrating conversation over whether like for like was a matter of opinion and how according to BPF its not a matter of opinion as they have ‘decided’ its like for like and their legal department agree and me asking whether anyone outside of BPF has verified this coz surely for it to be more than just their opinion that would need to be the case and them basically not answering that but saying I have to pay and yada, yada, yada, BS, BS, BS, etc. So nothing new there!!

There were two things though that were a little interesting. She asked me to send her a photocopy of my enrolement agreement without its end date on it and the terms and conditions I had from Advent saying that the end of the contract was based on said end date and they would look at that as it might be an issue on the like for like. Dunno if anyone has tried this yet?

She also acknowledged that it was a section75 issue (which was at least something) but said something to the effect that if I wasn’t keeping up payments then section 75 didn’t apply??!?!? This seems like news to me and I was therefore wondering if anyone knew the line on this coz it seems like a weird thing to say. From the tone of her voice she wasn’t entirely convinced either so maybe it was just 'tactics'.

Cheers.

Isnt it. I raised that same point. Im annoyed I let them wind me up and Im annoyed I even considered I'd have a sensible conversation with them. Gotta keep the resolve though I supposed and just keep plugging away it until it reaches its conclusion.

We can have our one year anniversary party in a few weeks time. Wont that be special!!

Isnt it. I raised that same point. Im annoyed I let them wind me up and Im annoyed I even considered I'd have a sensible conversation with them. Gotta keep the resolve though I supposed and just keep plugging away it until it reaches its conclusion.

We can have our one year anniversary party in a few weeks time. Wont that be special!!

I already had a can on the 15th dec.. its when my 3 year loan started and I was officially enrolled, at this time I was looking forward to going on holiday for the Christmas and new year.. got back 18th January.. no course no training :-x

Hello,

I've received a letter from BPF to say that I'm two months behind with the payments.I rang them,and I told the reason why I'm not paying,I just explained it very simply that I choose to go with Advent (who went bust,which was unlucky) not with Computech .In the contract says if the supplier will go out of business I can sue them or BPF or both. I will not pay as it seems silly to pay £6000 for something what I never had,and I don't have to agree with BPF to take a course with another provider as it wasn't my choice like Advent was.The lady who I spoke to was very nice and polite,didn't argue any of my point whatsoever,all she said send them a letter about the agreement is in dispute,and another department of BPF will look into it.Also mentioned that it will affect my credit history.I've asked if I'm able to cancel the agreement would I still have to pay the "late payment" charges?Unfortunately she couldn't answer that,does anyone know anything?

Thanks

Hello,

I've received a letter from BPF to say that I'm two months behind with the payments.I rang them,and I told the reason why I'm not paying,I just explained it very simply that I choose to go with Advent (who went bust,which was unlucky) not with Computech .In the contract says if the supplier will go out of business I can sue them or BPF or both. I will not pay as it seems silly to pay £6000 for something what I never had,and I don't have to agree with BPF to take a course with another provider as it wasn't my choice like Advent was.The lady who I spoke to was very nice and polite,didn't argue any of my point whatsoever,all she said send them a letter about the agreement is in dispute,and another department of BPF will look into it.Also mentioned that it will affect my credit history.I've asked if I'm able to cancel the agreement would I still have to pay the "late payment" charges?Unfortunately she couldn't answer that,does anyone know anything?

Thanks

have you got all your paperwork in to Fuzzbutts legal group? if not do so, we are all in the same boat here, I am the same, I am now a number 8 on the credit report.. thats in default.. I am not paying anything unless forced to.. not even their charges they put on my account while I was trying to put my account in dispute and Barclays Partner Finance refused to listen.

By the way guys dont forget to put the names of the parties involved in your posts advent.. computeach.. mercers (barclays) ,sanclare (run by ex-barclays employee) ,moorcroft (have not checked them out yet).

others surfing the net looking for answers to the very same problems as us will find our forum using these keywords, so please spell them correctly.. its all negative publicity for these companies involved.

I don't know if anyone else has had the same as me, but I haven't heard squat from BPF, Mercers or anyone else since about September. It is actually quite nice, maybe it is because I ignored them, who knows.

But at the same time my credit score is in the toilet and I am flat broke and unable to do the training on my own because of that.

Can this just be over so I can get on with my life please?

Oh and I want compensation as well BPF.

Hi,

I've sent some forms to hausfeld,but I don't know what else to do,also I've sent an email to fuzzbutt before that just to ask how to join the group,and he said he added me on the list.Any suggestion what to do next please?

Thanks,

Anna

Edited by IdaInFife

Hi,

I've sent some forms to hausfeld,but I don't know what else to do,also I've sent an email to fuzzbutt before that just to ask how to join the group,and he said he added me on the list.Any suggestion what to do next please?

Thanks,

Anna

Write to your MP, complain to the FOS (not that they do anything anyway). Other than that it is now a waiting game. Oh and Fuzz is a lass not a bloke, (made me chuckle).

Edited by IdaInFife

And let's look forward to some joy in 2011 when we win this case!

Just to say everyone 'keep your chin up' and hope you had a good Xmas break!

On a more negative note, I have had some people joining up recently who have started spamming the Fuzzbutt hotmail account with unidentifiable links (mostly 'earn money from home'!). They seemed bona fide desperate ex-Advent students wanting to sign up to the group legal action in the initial email but now I'm not so sure, so these people have now been marked as junk mail, all future emails they may send also blocked. If you are genuine and find yourself suddenly blocked it is possible someone has hijacked your account and is using it to send spam (I had this done recently to one of my hotmail accounts and had to delete the account - so please be aware).

With over 600 members there will always be a few I guess, but please ensure the fuzzbutt address is not included in any group circulation or general mass mail lists you set up.

Hi Fuzz,

Hope your Christmas went well.

I have pinged you an email (from another site - seem to be a lot of them). Seems that all this is moving REALLY slowly. As an aside, did your legal team give you any indication as to where people stand in my position - ie, "finance agreement" in wifes name and course in mine? I can understand that the CCA section 75 would not apply, but the forms all say "finance agreement" not personal loan, and I am named as the student for a course with advent.

Thanks

Craig

Hi Fuzz,

Hope your Christmas went well.

I have pinged you an email (from another site - seem to be a lot of them). Seems that all this is moving REALLY slowly. As an aside, did your legal team give you any indication as to where people stand in my position - ie, "finance agreement" in wifes name and course in mine? I can understand that the CCA section 75 would not apply, but the forms all say "finance agreement" not personal loan, and I am named as the student for a course with advent.

Thanks

Craig

The guarantors issue is still not clear, I'm afraid, but it seems many people were wrongly advised by the sales rep when signing the agreement so there is a case of mis-selling that Hausfeld have raised with Barclays.

There are several issues with this thread, and we have decided to tidy it up and bring it within the site rules.

We do not link to or refer people to no-win no-fee firms, and we do not approve of users giving out personal emails, this is quite plainly explained in the site rules.

It has also become very long, and it is difficult to find information for new users.

however, we appreciate this is an important thread, so we are not going to delete it. We will clean it up, close it and start a new thread with this one linked to it.

please refer to the site rules before posting in the new thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

thank you

Edited by HSBCrusher

• 2 years later...

This thread is now in "Training & Apprenticeships" forum

It is purely an administrative move.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks