Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have heard nothing from Computeach since their initial email trying to get me to sign up.

in my last letter from Barclays they gave me phone numbers and a glowing account of all the wonderful things Computeach can do for me.. and this in spite of the fact I had told them in my previous correspondence with them that I already have been a student with computeach and would not recommend that company to anyone.. and asked can I have my money back please?? :)

Edited by 10pack

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

also can I ask everyone to refrain from writing abusive varients of the company names here.

what we write ends up being read by hundreds if not thousands of people who browse the web daily.

They will be searching by the correct spelling of names.. we want all these people to read what is written here.. its huge negative advertising for the companies involved..

how will our target audience find the pages of information we write warning everyone if the key search words are corrupted??

Edited by 10pack

did anyone get another email from computeach begging for you to signup?

I got a computeach email this morning. Not sure whether to completly ignore it or to click on the link. Worried i might get hoodwinked into signing up when i don't want to.

I wouldn't click on any of the links in their emails, as they may well be links that will "verify" your account without your permission.

They are doing a Panic spam before the one show tonight!!!!

The reality is that the days of these hard sell qualifications providers is drawing to a close and quite rightly so! I can see and hope computeach will fail as a Business i think they are lucky if they have had 30% of the ex advent students sign up. I have moved and have not told Barclays my address :razz: i am going to see what happens tonight before i decide what to do. However there is no legal way we can be forced to take computeach nowhere in the paperwork or in case history do they penalise people for not taking the alternative, I think the next salvo from barclays will involve us telling them what we want and them providing it to us duely (as long as it involves the continual payment of these void agreements) we do not have to accept what they are offering!!! Why the FO did not realise this i will never know!!!

*edit* I rofl'd at this are barclays now gonna have a go at Wikipedia for saying computeach is rubbish!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computeach

Edited by Mustard2243
new info

They are doing a Panic spam before the one show tonight!!!!

The reality is that the days of these hard sell qualifications providers is drawing to a close and quite rightly so! I can see and hope computeach will fail as a Business i think they are lucky if they have had 30% of the ex advent students sign up. I have moved and have not told Barclays my address :razz: i am going to see what happens tonight before i decide what to do. However there is no legal way we can be forced to take computeach nowhere in the paperwork or in case history do they penalise people for not taking the alternative, I think the next salvo from barclays will involve us telling them what we want and them providing it to us duely (as long as it involves the continual payment of these void agreements) we do not have to accept what they are offering!!! Why the FO did not realise this i will never know!!!

*edit* I rofl'd at this are barclays now gonna have a go at Wikipedia for saying computeach is rubbish!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computeach

Hmmm I can see that wiki page being edited or censored while the points are true in many respects, Wiki may not wish to be involved in the dispute

WHAT the FECK!!?? ONE SHOW....???

I have to say I'm really disappointed in the coverage, not because they totally cut me out ( :madgrin: maybe as well - but well done, Duane! Very clear good arguments!) but because nothing was really addressed or answered!!

I spent ages providing evidence to the researchers and explaining S75 etc but why was this all left out????? The viewer will have no real idea of the legal issues, should they be in the same position at some time. And where was the contact details for viewers to get in contact with me? Any mention of the group action?

I haven't spoken to Ingrid but I suspect she was severely edited too. While I understand they only had a 3 min slot I think the case could have been put across stronger.

Not impressed, but I guess it at least got on TV. BPF got their gob in though, predictably with lies and empty promises! Can I suggest protests to the 'One Show'? :-(

Disapointed Fuzzbutt signing off.....:frusty:

I don't think the coverage explained our situation at all. It came across as just another company closing down and leaving customers without what they paid for, which in a recession happened all over the place. If you ask me the delay in broadcasting the programme from last week until now was Barclays putting pressure on the One Show to make them look better than they really are. And their statement at the end has amde them out to be all sweetness and light as well. 'But we've offered them another course, what are they complaining about?' The programme did not come across well for us.

They did get off a bit light however they gave us (the victims) far more of an argument. It was shorter and less in depth then i would have hoped but not totally negative and most importantly of all spread the word about Barclays and dodgy IT training providers ( i did love the way how they used the Name Computer Teach as opposed to Computeach trying to avoid bad press much!!).

They can't keep the lid on this anymore!!!

I just watched the show.. they gave a lot more airtime to that wig with legs.. (who the hell was he?).

And yes I agree Barclays held up the show so that they could come up with a statement that put them in good light.

They are full of bull, as i mentioned before the only way I am paying any money to BPF now is if a judge tells me I have to.. otherwise BPF are getting jack from me.. for offering me ****e.

I am on three strikes on my credit report now :x.

I wonder how long it will be before they try to take us to court??

I am ready to go now if they want.. why is there no smiley showing a finger? would be really useful about now

This is my first post and ive been watching a wile now. just watched the one show really want things to get sorted now. i am a former access2trade student and am not happy like everyone eles.

well done fuzzbutt ur doing great for everyone been a great help. you can count me in on the legal action group i have emailed you. we will win.

Fuzz, are you considering contacting the BBC to ask why you were cut out or if they were influenced by BPF in any way in terms of the content and hence the delay in airing the slot?

If you were cut out due to this and if Ingrid was severely edited then could it b something that she could use in the case?

I'll be letting the producers know I'm not happy with the presentation of our case, as it didn't do the issue justice. You'd never have known there was 600 people furious at BPF over their treatment. No legal issues mentioned, no real discussion of the case....very disappointing.

:sad:

On a slightly different note, does anyone know what happened with that guy a few pages back who had already progressed to the stage of court action and was supposed to be getting some sort of decision, I thought by around now sorta time?

No, I was hoping to hear more. Was that A4ron I think?

I had a splutter over my coffee when Dom read the BPF statement out on the 'One Show'…."most of the students are happy with their new trainer" - what a complete lie. That's why 600+ of us are in a legal action against them and complaining to the Financial Ombudsman - that wasn't raised either, as I recall.

I've passed on my (our) general disappointment anyway.

Just watched the one show footage. Found it quite annoying. As other people have stated earlier it didn't go into enough detail. Suppose its better than no coverage but BPF got off lightly. Barclays must of put pressure on the Beeb, as for the BPF statement...:-x

On a slightly different note, does anyone know what happened with that guy a few pages back who had already progressed to the stage of court action and was supposed to be getting some sort of decision, I thought by around now sorta time?

The last thing he said was that they have a court date in 6 months time, so they're just sitting back and waiting for that to go ahead. I don't think he said anything after that.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks