Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree there, David.

Here's a site set up about the shortcomings o FOS.

external links removed

and on here....

The Financial Ombudsman Service - The Consumer Forums

I have no faith in them either but am going through the motions just to say I've done it by the book. I haven't had a result yet but if it's a 'no' (and no adjudicator has had the balls to haul BPF up yet, despite the clear breach of contract under S75, with all those lost weeks on our courses) then I'll be raising it with our legal team. Perhaps time FOS was axed by the new government as a waste of space and a REAL objective, assessor appointed. :mad:

There's some interesting reading there Fuzz makes you wonder what's going on with every Body attached to this Fiasco is being complained about from the FOS , BPF, Advent,down to Computeach the whole scenario stinks and the quicker it goes to court the better just hope the Judge doesn't have a page of complaints against him too :)

Edited by IdaInFife
external links removed

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps when the outcome of this situation reaches an outcome.

We should all maybe put together a petition towards Downing street

regarding the way the fos approached all of this.IE treating it like people are just trying to claim back a £22.00 bank charge, and nothing more.

Still the quote of the year for me in a fos response.

"A computor course"

Sums them up really.

What happened with the Number 10 petition that had over 1000 signatures did it get a reply I never heard nothing does anyone know?

What happened with the Number 10 petition that had over 1000 signatures did it get a reply I never heard nothing does anyone know?

Yep, i wondered that - although that was about BPF/Advent.

I am talking about the fos getting an hammering in the petition.

Thanks guys for the response! - i'm going to write an appeal letter tomorrow. However im struggling to find it hard not to start the letter with "are you on drugs?!" so i'm going to have to think of something excellent to get their brains working. They've totally overlooked Section 75 which is totally ignoring my complaint entirely! I hope the Financial Ombudsman who is assessing my appeal sees it clear as day whats happened and orders a re-fund of some sort!

They are being sent by either an ex BPF staff member or a current one through the post but whoever they are they are trying to help us. Good luck to them.

There was a link to read the first part on Sona Norris' hub pages but the article has been removed - possibly I guess same reasons by her web site host I was asked to remove the link here as names were named and until proven considered libellous?

Edit - Oops, sorry Bluedo already said that!

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Thanks guys for the response! - i'm going to write an appeal letter tomorrow. However im struggling to find it hard not to start the letter with "are you on drugs?!" so i'm going to have to think of something excellent to get their brains working. They've totally overlooked Section 75 which is totally ignoring my complaint entirely! I hope the Financial Ombudsman who is assessing my appeal sees it clear as day whats happened and orders a re-fund of some sort!

I'm just putting together a brief 'main points' argument for newbies and people still not sure what issues to contest on mis-selling and like for like etc. I'll post it on the student website tomorrow. There's also a dispute letter template there by our legal team.

I have just realised that all of us not paying is going to mess up our credit rating, if we won this battle with BPF would the black mark caused by BPF be removed? Would we have to contact Experian credit after or now?

I have just realised that all of us not paying is going to mess up our credit rating, if we won this battle with BPF would the black mark caused by BPF be removed? Would we have to contact Experian credit after or now?

I have done so a few days back.

BPF have placed a late payment mark on my rating.. I have a experian account and I have requested that my correction comment be placed on the BPF section.. stating reasons why this late payment was showing.

I dont know what sort of detail is allowed.. but I did mention that I and other students of advent are in dispute with BPF, and that BPF are ignoring S75 unlike the Hitachi bank in the same situation.

I got a comfirmation email telling me it can take upto 2 weeks to make a decision.. will keep you posted.

Edited by 10pack

hi folks i got a copy of the gospel according to barclays partner finance N@?l R"%^ey and mercers through my door this morning.

oddly enough it is post marked from Cardiff the new home of B.P.F.

did any one else get one?if so who is sending these out?

and how do they have our contact details?

Yes I got one of these yesterday with a letter saying exactly the same.

Me too! Mine has no postmark other than what looks like an orange barcode along the bottom - not sure what that is!

Still getting 5 or 6 phone calls a day and it's doin my heid in! :(

I've taken the advice not to contact any of them now that it's in the hands of the legal team but not sure if I should reply back to BPF's latest letter re looking into my complaint ... blah blah ... decision by 23rd July etc. or should I pass this to FOS? I'm a bit confused as I thought if you're with legal team you just left it to them now. :confused:

gillbee i received the same letter from B.P.F and when i contacted them after a drawn out conversation i told them i was taking legal action and they agreed to put my account on hold, no phone calls since....try that!

Thanks Lewis2 - I will. Did you pass your complaint to FOS at all or are you waiting to see what happens after 23rd (or the legal action)?

Me too! Mine has no postmark other than what looks like an orange barcode along the bottom - not sure what that is!

Still getting 5 or 6 phone calls a day and it's doin my heid in! :(

I've taken the advice not to contact any of them now that it's in the hands of the legal team but not sure if I should reply back to BPF's latest letter re looking into my complaint ... blah blah ... decision by 23rd July etc. or should I pass this to FOS? I'm a bit confused as I thought if you're with legal team you just left it to them now. :confused:

Sorry, just to make it clear, the lawyer at Hausfeld advised us to just tell BPF we are taking legal action and leave it at that. Don't enter into dialogue on phone, and if you do, ask them for everything they promise/agree in WRITING. Keep copies of all correspondence - record calls if you can.

BUT ensure you let BPF know you are disputing this account (send it recorded delivery - they won't acknowledge it or reply).

Tell them you are part of the group legal action - that's all they need to know.

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Cheers Fuzzbutt. I've already sent my letter to say my account is in dispute a while ago (sent by recorded delivery and signed for at their end) so do I now write AGAIN to say I'm part of group action as I wasn't when I sent the dispute letter?

And what about FOS? Is that an essential step or not now that we have Hausfeld?

You must be exhausted with all this! Are you holding up?

Cheers Fuzzbutt. I've already sent my letter to say my account is in dispute a while ago (sent by recorded delivery and signed for at their end) so do I now write AGAIN to say I'm part of group action as I wasn't when I sent the dispute letter?

And what about FOS? Is that an essential step or not now that we have Hausfeld?

You must be exhausted with all this! Are you holding up?

Hi Gillybee

I wouldn't worry about writing to them to say that alone, but if you get calls from Mercers or BPF chasing for your repayments explain you've written to dispute this loan now and that you are part of the legal case with Hausfeld. They should be aware that this is going on by now - I'm hoping for an update pretty soon on the state of play.

Thanks for asking - yes, it's a bit hectic and takes a lot of time answering all the emails - there's now 504 signed up to the legal action (lots are newly joining Facebook and Money Saving Expert it seems).

I've just put up a summary on the advent student website home page of our arguments against BPF (if anyone still needs a bit of guidance on composing their FOS letter etc). It's based on the points raised by the legal team in their letters to BPF. Sorry, I didn't get time to do this sooner.

Well I knew it, my challenge to the FOS decision was ignored still. They are spineless. Totally ignored the first part of my letter and still swallowed the course is like for like rubbish from Barclays. Still going to contest the decision and make them earn their money.

Good for you, Roadie! That's about 7 now I think, who have had a decision by FOS - ALL in BPF's favour. Disgusting!:x

Wow,

In light of the decisions made by the fos so far i have just sent them and email to try and strengthen my argument.

It was failry long but my points in a nutshell are.

1. The value of Computeachs offering being considerably less the the advent course fees.

2. I included that table showing the differences in practical days.

3. I included the statement made by the Computeach MD that they cannot offer the same as advent.

Have you guys put this in your complaints? do you think this will make any difference?

Edited by Mustard2243
dyslexic keyboard

1. The value of Computeachs offering being considerably less the the advent course fees.

2. I included that table showing the differences in practical days.

I included these in my challenge to the FOS. I can't quite remember what she said for point 1, but point 2 she basically said computeach told her the workshop days were the same as Advent.

After reading the letter I got from the FOS, I got the impression that they wanted me to stop sending them letters disputing their decision.

It is so obvious that their offering is inferior it is beyond belief!! I must admit that i did not believe the talk that the FO was Bias but my mind is rapidly changing. What kind of process do they use to draw these conclusions it is a joke!

i was trying to explain to fos that achieving MCSE won't take couple of evenings but bit more considering the fact that the further you go, the less exam material is included in handbooks and you need to look for it yourself (additional reading sections in MS books)

They don't believe it apparently......:(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks