Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys

think it might be a good idea if we could get statements from past or present students that have gone over the two year term.if we can prove advent didn't inforce the 2 year term fos might see it as standard operating procedure for advent.

jay

hi guys

think it might be a good idea if we could get statements from past or present students that have gone over the two year term.if we can prove advent didn't inforce the 2 year term fos might see it as standard operating procedure for advent.

jay

That's a good suggestion snowball,

If anyone has any letters or emails or communications with Advent that can show it is longer than 2years and you were still on the course getting materials sent or anything

Edited by HSBCrusher

Well put, Bluedo. !!!

We were mis-led and now they are moving the goal posts! Everyone save your emails and letters and pass them as evidence of BPF deceit to Hausfeld.

hi i am in the same predicament with barclays at the moment, they ring me every day because i have refused to pay them. i have sent them a letter. sighting my concerns that the coarse isnt what i initially paid for. is there someone else or a legal group that i can contact to help me sort these rip off merchants out?

sent my dispute letter today..recorded delievery.will that gain me abit of time?? or will they ignore the letter.

Hi Chankin,

I have not received a thing since I sent the dispute letter no payment demands nothing if they had I would just have forwarded them to the FOS or the OFT.so it seems to have worked so far but never know with Barclay's they're rotten to the core.

hi i am in the same predicament with barclays at the moment, they ring me every day because i have refused to pay them. i have sent them a letter. sighting my concerns that the coarse isnt what i initially paid for. is there someone else or a legal group that i can contact to help me sort these rip off merchants out?

Hi Zeb,

email [email protected] leave your real name, email address, you will be emailed a link to an Action website where you will get access to FAQ's and a couple forms to sign and send to Hausfeld it will all be explained on the website there is also a template for a dispute letter you would need to send BPF to get a stop put to there nonsense wanting money. if you need any help or don't get the link just ask again.

You can also log a complaint with the FOS and after 8weeks from the date of your complaint to BPF they will take up your case.

Edited by Bluedo

hi guys,

i sent my letter of disoute last week but have had no reply.. my paymetns are due on the 15th but im not paying ( scared about that thought)

i sent the letter guaranteed delivery,nad have proof it arrived.

If they do not write back acknowledging my dispute letter does the fact that its in dispoute still stand or do i need a reply from them

Im only asking as they have ignored all my letters

That's a good suggestion snowball,

If anyone has any letters or emails or communications with Advent that can show it is longer than 2years and you were still on the course getting materials sent or anything .

If you look at all the training materials sent from Advent in first module/unit, it has a guidence of time.

Some people could take 18 months, some can take longer.It depends on

you.Its done in your time at self pace.There is no written time limit, and that coupled with the Salesman telling you no limit [ and in my case the very overweight and sweaty unfunny idiot said ' as long as it does not take you a decade' and laughed at his own joke.They then sent me a letter saying that the offer for enrollment would only be open for two weeks because of the heavy demand [ i can not believe i fell for that one - the promise of a job of course]

Also tons of bumph on recruitment and stuff.It really is worth a read all over again.The Computeach spill does not come close.

One other thing - a couple of weeks ago i asked CT to put in writing

'Unlimited resits' - of course they have not.This after BPF told me to get in touch with CT,and it would not be a problem.

I kept everything imaginable from Advent, and like i said CT are falling far short.No matter what they say.

I have also found the mobile number for the Advent salesman.I might ring him tomorrow and see what he has to say - if the number is still in service.

Edited by HSBCrusher

Boosch, please dont' worry.

They have nothing on us and please keep all the letters and emails and copy them to our legal team.

Thanks.

BPF are adapting their tactics now. They are fools, clutching at straws. Don't believe their lies and keep at 'em!

Thanks Fuzzbut, I have registered with the email you sent me, not entirely sure what I need to do next with it, I don't have a scanner. Would you advise that I send a dispute letter, even though I have received the above letter from BPF?

Thanks for all your help

You can still send Barclays a letter saying you are not happy with Computeach as the new provider, Boosch, even without evidence of the job promises, time etc.

Unfortunately I don't think any of us can prove the verbal promises we were given as they were just that, a sales talk, and not in writing. The nearest I had was an acceptance letter from Advent which stated that I was willing to travel 10 mile radius for work and would accept a starting salary of min £16,000.

Even so, that is not the issue as your issue is you don't want CT as a provider. Barclays are being crafty now, using the lack of evidence as a reason, and saying 'here you go, CT will let you do this and this too, same as Advent'.

The real issue is CT are not your choice and there is a clear Breach of Contract due to the gap in service before CT were found. Barclays can't get out of that one. It was not a reasonable assumption that we would sit and wait nearly 8 weeks for a new provider. That will stand up in a court and if the FO is starting to rule in students favour now then just illustrates that, I believe.

I'd still write them a dispute letter, emphasising the mis-selling and that CT are not our choice, and send your forms in to Hausfeld.

My contract clearly states three years for completion.

I also have a letter signed by Ashley Jones detailing my job requirements:

1. Employer type

2. Commuting distance

3. Starting job role

4. Salary requirement

5. Target salary within 2 years

sent my dispute letter today..recorded delievery.will that gain me abit of time?? or will they ignore the letter.

I sent my dispute letter recorded delivery 2 weeks ago, the only thing I have received from Barclays since is a letter saying they will be starting up my direct cebit again.

I phoned them and said they can't do that as my account is in dispute and they said firstly, they have nothing on record that the account is in dispute, and secondly even if it is in dispute, I still have to pay the payments!...so far I cannot find out the law on this, the CAB haven't helped much this week for some reason! If anyone knows, please let me know! As much as I 100% don't want to pay, I also don't want to do anything wrong they can throw back at me!

Even so, that is not the issue as your issue is you don't want CT as a provider. Barclays are being crafty now, using the lack of evidence as a reason, and saying 'here you go, CT will let you do this and this too, same as Advent'.

But there is evidence.One count alone is 'resits'.

CT will not put that in writing - Advent did.

What BPF are saying is ok, is clearly not ok with CT.

CT would only refer you to their on-line info, claiming it is the same.

And of course it is not.

You are right - BPF are being crafty, but they are also floundering around.

[While still collecting money from the students who have been intimidated into signing up with CT]

One thing that does amaze me is that BPF and CT can not seem to clarify between themselves what 'like for like' means.:-o

Because of that alone - there is real hope for us all.

Well the whole 2 year contract is baloney. The T&C's state 2 years, but on my enrollment form I'm supported for 3 years. Barclays really are clutching at straws now. It would have been cheaper for them to not try and screw us all over.

Advent were certainly not sticking to the two year limit.

I initially signed up to study the MCDBA course with Advent in November 06 with all the same promises as the rest of you. I was in fact told I could take 10 years to complete if I wished, and was advised that it would realistically take me 3 years. I was on track to complete in three years when this qualification was retired.

In January 2009, 2 months AFTER the two year expiry date they offered me a place FREE OF CHARGE on the new MCITP course, which I took. So that's 4 more modules to complete after the two year expiry date. I've sent proof of this to the legal team.

Hi Chankin,

I have not received a thing since I sent the dispute letter no payment demands nothing if they had I would just have forwarded them to the FOS or the OFT.so it seems to have worked so far but never know with Barclay's they're rotten to the core.

thank you,good to hear..they expecting paymnts of me on the 27th of this month..by the way..i dont understand this FOS? wot do i do,send them my documents? i have loads

But there is evidence.One count alone is 'resits'.

CT will not put that in writing - Advent did.

That's a point, and what they HAVE put in writing is on fuzzbutt's email from them it clearly states "Unfortunatly NO FREE RESITS" as they have a 90% pass mark for the mocks they make it very difficult for people to get to the exams they put blocks in their way to make them pay more according to their present students.

thank you,good to hear..they expecting paymnts of me on the 27th of this month..by the way..i dont understand this FOS? wot do i do,send them my documents? i have loads

Hi Chankin,

They're expecting a payment today from me, If an account is in dispute I am not obliged to offer payment and they are not allowed to ask for payment.

Give the FOS a phone and they will explain to you what you need to send to them. they will send you forms to fill in and the link below should help the phone number is on there.

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Advent were certainly not sticking to the two year limit.

I initially signed up to study the MCDBA course with Advent in November 06 with all the same promises as the rest of you. I was in fact told I could take 10 years to complete if I wished, and was advised that it would realistically take me 3 years. I was on track to complete in three years when this qualification was retired.

In January 2009, 2 months AFTER the two year expiry date they offered me a place FREE OF CHARGE on the new MCITP course, which I took. So that's 4 more modules to complete after the two year expiry date. I've sent proof of this to the legal team.

Hi Fondofmeat,

Excellant!! that'll blow that out the water for them :D

hi guys,

i sent my letter of disoute last week but have had no reply.. my paymetns are due on the 15th but im not paying ( scared about that thought)

i sent the letter guaranteed delivery,nad have proof it arrived.

If they do not write back acknowledging my dispute letter does the fact that its in dispoute still stand or do i need a reply from them

Im only asking as they have ignored all my letters

Hi Yasmin,

They have not replied to me (which I was expecting anyway) but I have the recorded delivery receipt so they have received it. It's now not up to them to agree or disagree with this, when you issue them a letter of dispute then your next move is the FOS and the advice from the legal team who will now deal with them. There are clear guidelines from the OFT concerning an account that is in dispute. If they continue to pursue you for payment you can forward any communication from them to the OFT, FOS,FLA, legal team and anywhere else you can. :)

My contract clearly states three years for completion.

I also have a letter signed by Ashley Jones detailing my job requirements:

1. Employer type

2. Commuting distance

3. Starting job role

4. Salary requirement

5. Target salary within 2 years

Hi Bongo Fury,

I have the same and to me that PROVES the spin they had making such a big deal of getting you a job. on their folder they also have listed the large companies they deal with and 100's of smaller companies and mentioned to me about hospitals and institutions they place people. So they categorically implied they could get you a job and within 3months if you get the initial exams passed. I questioned this and was assured it was the truth. They even spoke to my mum on the phone telling her the same BullSH!@

I just called the FOS, they said I have to give BPF 8 weeks to reply to any correspondance, before that nothing can be done! FSA regulations! How annoying!...this could take a very very long time! They also said I should keep paying the monthly pay even if the account is in dispute otherwise it could go to debt collection and seriously effect my credit score! :mad:

I have a headache!

Hi Bongo Fury,

I have the same and to me that PROVES the spin they had making such a big deal of getting you a job. on their folder they also have listed the large companies they deal with and 100's of smaller companies and mentioned to me about hospitals and institutions they place people. So they categorically implied they could get you a job and within 3months if you get the initial exams passed. I questioned this and was assured it was the truth. They even spoke to my mum on the phone telling her the same BullSH!@

Exactly the speil i was given. :mad:

That was a major part of my discussions with Advent. The fact that they had contacts with numerous employers all over the UK and i would be in a new job within months.

Well we have written evidence that they were misleading prospective students with false promises.

Exactly the speil i was given. :mad:

That was a major part of my discussions with Advent. The fact that they had contacts with numerous employers all over the UK and i would be in a new job within months.

Well we have written evidence that they were misleading prospective students with false promises.

Well, we will never know if the claim had any merit.

[even though it is in writing]

But....one thing is for sure, CT will never dare make that claim.

So another strike for the 'like for Like'..:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks