Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Marsteel,

If you can go back a couple pages and have a read at some posts there it may help you to know what you want to do.

Did you not get any emails from the administrators or letters from BPF at all?

If not that's terrible.

Write a letter of complaint to start with or report it to the FOS and they may offer to write to BPF for you (they did with me) but I'd written myself. and a couple pages back there are templates to put your account in Dispute if you are disputing having Computeach as a provider.

Also you can phone Consumer Direct or CAB.who will give you info on what to do.

At the moment there is a class action lawsuit organised and if you choose to join it will cost nothing just email [email protected] add your real name who your funded by and your email address

Hope something there helps.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, i am sending one more time a letter to BPF, please do u know the Cardiff address? I know it is somewhere here but it is taking me forever to find it.

thanks

Hi Maygav Found this

Barclaycard Customer Relations

The Avenue Business Park,

Pentwyn,

Cardiff, CF23 8FF

Also this

FIRSTPLUS FINANCIAL GROUP THE AVENUE BUSINESS PARK, PENTWYN, CARDIFF, CF23 8FF

If I was you I'd send it to the Glasgow PO Box it'll be rerouted as long as you send anything recorded delivery then they can't deny receiving it. that's the address they're using on their headed letters

That Cardiff address is hard to find

hey Lankus, would you be able to forward me the email if I give u my email address via PM? I hardly ever recieve emails from them, they did not even let me know about Advent Administration, I found out from a friend and from letter from BPF which i got hold of about a month later. :rolleyes:

also do you guys think that BPF might have someone as a mole on this forum? would not surprise me.

oh and calls from BPF increased to 12 a day, however today only 2, maybe they finaly read the letter I sent to customer services and managing director. :cool:

Hi maygav, yes PM me your email and I'll send them over mate.

Hi everyone,

I found this forum a couple of days ago and I'm glad to see there's so many of us standing up to BPF 's bullying tactics. I signed up with Advent in November 2009, buying the full course at £6000 to be paid for over 36 monthly installments with BPF.

I waited around for a while to see what kind of alternative Barclays would offer while placing my payments on hold. Like many others on this forum I am unwilling to accept the pathetic offer of Computeach as an alternative. I've now received a letter saying my payments will restart in May.

I've only just started the process of trying to get my agreement cancelled and have phoned Consumer Direct and visited my local CAB. They have told me to write a letter to BPF informing them they are in breach of contract according to the Consumer Credit Act and that I request a refund and cancellation of the agreement.

From what I can gather by reading through this forum the chances are I'll receive a standard fob off letter from BPF in response to my letter. Can I get the Financial Ombudsman involved if this happens?

Does anyone have any suggestions on any other action I should take from here given that many of you are further on in your complaints process?

Also, I have e-mailed fuzzbutt about signing up to the lawsuit against BPF. Can anyone fill me in on the basics of this as I've read the last 20 pages or so and can't find anything but it seems to have had a great response judging by the posts.

Cheers

You can only get the financial ombudsman involved after 8 weeks of your first letter of complaint and yes your right you will prob get a general fob off letter e mail fuzzbutt on this forum with your details he has set up a case to try and get us are money back and agreements cancelled and has been workin very hard in tryin to.

Thanks for the quick reply belfastboy. I'm guessing the Ombudsman will probably be the route I end up having to go down.

One more question, I have a template letter to write to BPF from the Consumer Direct website. I was under the impression I had to send a letter solely to BPF but according to the template it seems I may also have to send one to the trader as well. Obviously with Advent being out of business, does this mean I also have to write to the administrators?

yeah, just received a generic fob off letter from BPF talking about compucrap, how thay are equal or even better than advent , and section 75...

So now shall I send another letter to put my account on hold, that it is in dispute? I cancelled my DD, so they can't take any money. are you guys going to pay when they activate your account again?

I've Just scanned all the paperwork I received from Advent and attached it to this post,they are quite good quality and hopefully someone will find them useful.

[ATTACH]18057[/ATTACH]

i did not get any student finance plan as you did, plus my interest is 29% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have I been properly screwd?

were do i stand with paying these clowns as they say they will not put accounts in dispute as they are happy with computeach i am so angry i want to hurt every1 of of them so much

i think i should also put a claim in for Internet connection for the last year as i only got it for this crap and my laptop i bought to do it.

were do i stand with paying these clowns as they say they will not put accounts in dispute as they are happy with computeach i am so angry i want to hurt every1 of of them so much

i think i should also put a claim in for Internet connection for the last year as i only got it for this crap and my laptop i bought to do it.

Its not up to them to stop a dispute.Write to them and put your account into dispute, They do not judge if CT are any good, a court of Law does that.They have to accept it.Dont be fobbed off. If BPF are not conviced about CT, copy this link to them - its a bit of a Horror show!

A Financial Time Bomb is Ticking for Barclays Partner Finance.

trust me i aint i am shacking cuz i am that angry with the **** and canceled my bank account with Barclay's, read it been threw it, time after time and am just getting so mad thinking about this.

I asked them would they accept me telling them how to spend there money all she could say i wouldn't like to say as that is personal

i did not get any student finance plan as you did, plus my interest is 29% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have I been properly screwd?

Id not worry too much my case is quite similar to yours so you aren't the only one in that particular boat.

Anyone now getting this number 01412283112 calling them?

5 times in an hour, you pick up the phone and there is no one there.

Googled the number and its BFP. lol...

Edited by lowdown

Firstly i would like to say hello to everybody.

I`m impressed about numbers of replys in this thread. It`s realy hard to get through it right to the end. I need to say THANK YOU to everybody who post some good advices, and GOOD work especialy for Fuzzbutt who is fighting on the first line of front for all of us.

I started my MCSE a bit more than year ago and in about few days i should pay them back 4950 to avoid another 5000pounds of intereset. I started my complaint with financial ombudsman but they didn`t do too much (they`ve been sending form`s back to me twice with no positive result). Just today i`ve get a mail from BPF that they know about my complaint but they don`t agree and they found a new solution (Computeach) for this problem. However terms of their contracts are very bad for me (like limited time of study - i`m foreigner and studing in english takes me a bit more time as my language is not perfect). I agreed for Advent`s terms becouse of the fluent borders of the finishing date, possibility of passing exams in my town, or extra exams with no charge. Now i have a year to finish everything, if i won`t do it - i`ll loose it (or i can pay another 5k)... That`s a joke.

At friday i`ll send another letter to FOS, and one to Barclays as well. Would it be enough if i will just write why i`m not happy (i`ll put in points differences between that what Advent offered to me and that what i`ve get with Computeach) and at the end i`ll just add something like that "Becouse of this facts i demand putting my account on dispute" ?

Fuzzbutt i wrote a letter to You. I will be greatfull if You will add me to Your list.

I`m realy happy that i found this forum. It was hard to stand against them on my own (with my language).

I apologise everybody for my english, and once again good job !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks