Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had another email from PKF (I imagine most of you have), which says, "We understand that certain BPF Students may be entitled to make claims under the terms of the CCA". Funny how BPF seem to be the only ones that think the CCA doesn't apply in this case

hey Lankus, would you be able to forward me the email if I give u my email address via PM? I hardly ever recieve emails from them, they did not even let me know about Advent Administration, I found out from a friend and from letter from BPF which i got hold of about a month later. :rolleyes:

also do you guys think that BPF might have someone as a mole on this forum? would not surprise me.

oh and calls from BPF increased to 12 a day, however today only 2, maybe they finaly read the letter I sent to customer services and managing director. :cool:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats great news fuzzbutt thanks fofr all your help .

I was talking to the F.O yesterday and they are looking into this for me also.

Do i need to tell barclays to put my account in dispute?

Yes, you do, Lewis.

they should not be hassling you for money then as it's against the Lending Standards Code (not that Barclays take any note of that!)

Just Sent Everyone On The List An Invite To The Site! So Don't Forget To Check Your Junk Mail, Guys.

WHOO HOO!!! We're on our way to victory! :D

Hi fuzzbutt iv not recived my invite to the site did you get my email.

Hi fuzzbutt iv not recived my invite to the site did you get my email.

Yes, just checked. If it doesn't turn up in your junk/spam mail either by tomorrow evening let me know and I'll resend it. It could be a bit slow.

Maygav I think it would be foolish of us to think there isn't one 'lurking' somewhere.

It is certain that BPF are monitoring this site.

In fact this site is routinely monitored by all of the financial organisations, their solicitors and variously debt collecting organisations.

This has been apparent in the past when posts have actually turned up in court cases, (usually counter productive for them), but be aware.

David

we know how you feel about this.. but I cant help thinking that once they have your money they will drag this out even longer.. they have less incentive to conclude.

I waited for Barclays to come up with a alternative provider I told them that I do not concider Computeach as an alternative even if the was the only company left.. I also told them in no circumstances are they (Barclays) to hand over money on my behalf to Computeach... I would rather burn my money than give it to them.

I am just in the process now of writing in my first letter.. yes I know its late.. but I hoped that Barclays would have given us more options than they have done.. Computech or Else ? .. they is not acceptable alternatives

your right 10pack the moment I pay up Im screwed if I put the account in dispute they cant do much. also with the good new we just received from fuzzbutt feel a whole lot better.

Yes, just checked. If it doesn't turn up in your junk/spam mail either by tomorrow evening let me know and I'll resend it. It could be a bit slow.

Thats Great thanks again and if there is anything i can do to help just let me no we will win this battle together.

hello,

I have just come across this thread and wanted to share our story.

My husband was taking the Microsoft Engineer course with Advent computer training and we had no idea that it went bust, not until one month ago when I just happened to come across a news report. We were shocked.

We are clueless as to what to do so we went into our local Barclays branch where we were advised to stop payments to Barclays Partner Finance which we promptly did, and then the phone calls started up until 9:30 pm every night and then threatning letters stating they will charge him huge amounts of fines until he pays up,

I believed them as I use to bank with Barclays and once I went £3.00 over drawn and was charged £130.00 pounds so when I was paid my wages, I was short £130.00 so I went overdrawn again which started a vicious cycle of being overdrawn and getting charged, It got so bad that it was either food or rent and I rang Barclays and begged them in tears to stop charging me and I was told just like this, 'You are obviously a charity case, and Barclays is not a charity' I have never forgotten that and it still makes my blood boil 12 years later.

So back to the present day, computeach has been in touch telling us how fantastic they are but he has not signed up to anything, They asked him to sign into the website to look at courses but he was afraid he might be signing up to them without realizing it if he did that. so we are stuck in limbo, paying Barclays out of fear of being charged, not signed up to computeach, HELP! what is happening with everyone else?

He would really like his money back to sign up for classes at our local college, but I am assuming this is not possible, as Barclays have told us they have fulfilled thier obligation to him.

Sorry this post seems so fragmented. BIG Thanks to any advice given

With Thanks,

Ella and Mark

hello,

I have just come across this thread and wanted to share our story.

My husband was taking the Microsoft Engineer course with Advent computer training and we had no idea that it went bust, not until one month ago when I just happened to come across a news report. We were shocked.

We are clueless as to what to do so we went into our local Barclays branch where we were advised to stop payments to Barclays Partner Finance which we promptly did, and then the phone calls started up until 9:30 pm every night and then threatning letters stating they will charge him huge amounts of fines until he pays up,

I believed them as I use to bank with Barclays and once I went £3.00 over drawn and was charged £130.00 pounds so when I was paid my wages, I was short £130.00 so I went overdrawn again which started a vicious cycle of being overdrawn and getting charged, It got so bad that it was either food or rent and I rang Barclays and begged them in tears to stop charging me and I was told just like this, 'You are obviously a charity case, and Barclays is not a charity' I have never forgotten that and it still makes my blood boil 12 years later.

So back to the present day, computeach has been in touch telling us how fantastic they are but he has not signed up to anything, They asked him to sign into the website to look at courses but he was afraid he might be signing up to them without realizing it if he did that. so we are stuck in limbo, paying Barclays out of fear of being charged, not signed up to computeach, HELP! what is happening with everyone else?

He would really like his money back to sign up for classes at our local college, but I am assuming this is not possible, as Barclays have told us they have fulfilled thier obligation to him.

Sorry this post seems so fragmented. BIG Thanks to any advice given

With Thanks,

Ella and Mark

I understand your horror at bpf.... not long ago( june 2009 to be precise when my payments started) me and my partner had a baby.. he lost his job and i was on mat leave which is 500 a month. the woman from bpf basically told me.... once i asked if i could lower the repayments due to our circumstance.... that i knew i had an agreement with them when i fell pregnant.... so i asked her .. whatwould you suggest i do.... not have the baby because i owe mony... she just repeated herself to me. I was so horrofied to what she may be suggesting.it still angers me.

i hope bpf get whats coming.

just registered in the action group...finally got a hope that we are together to fight against bpf..thanx alot fuzzbutt for ur support in these hard times. I'm going to send req' documents to hausfled 2mrw..do i still need to complain FO..

Bluedo..i'm goin to use ur template for BPF to put my account in dispute..thanx alot guyzs.

just registered in the action group...finally got a hope that we are together to fight against bpf..thanx alot fuzzbutt for ur support in these hard times. I'm going to send req' documents to hausfled 2mrw..do i still need to complain FO..

Bluedo..i'm goin to use ur template for BPF to put my account in dispute..thanx alot guyzs.

Hi Raj4u,

We're getting there and there's strength in numbers send them that dispute letter tomorrow. :)

I haven't heard a peep from them since I sent them mine.

Maybe shouldn't have said that I'll get hit with something now but that's my last word to them.;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks